Finally Did It

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I finally ordered a Winegard GM1518 antenna and a DISH ViP211k receiver, along with a ladder mount and a power converter. Ordered the ground tripod stand, too, just in case I have to do the tree dance to get a signal. Sort of an early joint anniversary gift to ourselves. There are SOME times at the rig, we just want to watch a program on TV that doesn't pixelate itself silly during the exciting conclusion.

Birchwood

You give yourself the option of locating your dish at various locations and thats smart.I have seen RVers with a roof
mount only to set all week with no TV because of overhanging trees.

JohnDar

You give yourself the option of locating your dish at various locations and thats smart.I have seen RVers with a roof
mount only to set all week with no TV because of overhanging trees.

And our campground, as well as the properties around it, has plenty of trees. Adding another $67 to the package for the stand just seemed to be a good idea. This season, we'll be parked across the street where the Durango is. A little more spacious in width due to the tree locations, and a bit deeper.

View attachment 18577

Bob Vaughn

I bought mine last year after we came back off our 6 week trip and then I had a new hip put in so I have not been able to use it yet....I am trying to find a place in my basement to put it....It looks like it will take up a quarter of the basement.....I wonder if users store theirs in the box or out of the box....Mabey my wife can make a canvass or vinyl bag to cover it so it does not get scratched up.....

JohnDar

I bought mine last year after we came back off our 6 week trip and then I had a new hip put in so I have not been able to use it yet....I am trying to find a place in my basement to put it....It looks like it will take up a quarter of the basement.....I wonder if users store theirs in the box or out of the box....Mabey my wife can make a canvass or vinyl bag to cover it so it does not get scratched up.....

Push comes to shove, mine will ride on either the sofa or the bed. Might even fit under the desk. But, with the ladder mount, it might even be able to ride up there. For winter storage, though, it will end up back at the house with the TV's, et.al. I keep a clean plastic tarp (Harbor Freight) on board to cover the bed. Even carry the bikes on the bed, when we have to. Just clean them off before bringing them in.