Vacation Travel Los Angeles to Arcola IL.

Forrest Fetherolf

We wanted to share our travel experience and photos. The 5 day drive was uneventful until arrival at our destination, Arcola, IL (pop. 1100). We were greeted by the news media and the local law enforcement. Once fully connected at our campsite, we enjoyed a slight NW breeze and a fantastic wet light show all night long. The next day we visited with old friends and later drove the country side enjoying the view. We stopped by the local Harley dealer for a test ride, but was unable to do so because we forgot our goggles. We also stopped by the Arcola RV dealer to check out some early production Heartland products.

Sunday we are headed for New Freedom, PA and will keep you informed of all the exciting activities.

Don't we just love RVing????????????????????

Attachments

• Arcola, IL001.JPG
    Arcola, IL001.JPG
    161.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Arcola, IL002.JPG
    Arcola, IL002.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Arcola, IL004.JPG
    Arcola, IL004.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 23
  • Arcola, IL007.JPG
    Arcola, IL007.JPG
    159.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Arcola, IL008.JPG
    Arcola, IL008.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 25
  • AR9259~1.JPG.JPG
    AR9259~1.JPG.JPG
    327.4 KB · Views: 26

jbeletti

Forrest,

I see Mattoon's finest were covering in Arcola. By chance did you make it down the road to Mattoon? I bought my Heartland from Cross County RV in Mattoon. They don't carry them anymore. Tetons and a lower line now. Stop by there if you need any RV parts while you're near. Tell Rick and Becky hi.

Jim

Forrest Fetherolf

Jim "Blushing" B.

When we arrived in Arcola last Thursday, we rolled in after the shooting of the Douglas County Deputy and during the hostages being held at the bank. Then on Tuesday, I opened the blinds at 7 AM and there was another 7 police cars across the street from the camp ground. I talked to one of the Mattoon Officers (backing up Arcola Police) during 1 of 7 drug bust raids in the area that they had been working on for the last two years.

For a while, I thought I was still in Los Angeles aka "crime capitol of the world". Karen now realizes and doesn't ask why I carry 2 Glocks when we travel.

When visiting my 88 year old mother in Tuscola, we stay at the Camper Stop in Arcola and frequent my two favorite stores in Mattoon, Home Depot and Walmart!!!

You really need to get this crime under control.......it ain't safe here!!!!!

Forrest

jbeletti

Forrest,

Okay, now it registers! Wondered why Arcola sounded a bit familiar. Sort of puts a bit of a damper on the visit there I guess.

Travel safe.

Jim

bert

RV Dealer in Arcola, IL?

Didn't know they have a RV Dealer in Arcola. We live in Decatur IL and we were just over there a few weeks ago.We brought our 2006 Big Horn in AL last winter.

jbeletti

Bert,

Cross County RV is in Mattoon. They no longer handle Heartland.

Forrest,

If you care for it, my wife loves to stop at Fazolis when we see one and there's one in Mattoon now.

Jim