New Shur-Flo 5.7 Water Pump

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Well our Sur-Flo 5.7 gpm water pump just gave up the ghost. It was strange, working one day and not the next time we turned it on. I checked it out and it was bad. Luckily, PPL had them on sale and I was able to get another one 2nd day UPS. Took about 15 mins to change it out. New one works great. Better than the old one. Replaced it with same, Sur-Flo 5.7. I guess I could have had it replaced using the extended warranty but by the time I paid for the deductable and trip charge for a mobile repair guy I would have paid the price of the pump. Anyway, at least it is working.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
It was our fresh water pump. Really didn't need it at the time but I wanted to get it fixed while we had city water available. Really hardly ever use it except when traveling...you know bathroom stops. We almost always are hooked up to city water.

Wharton

Ours went out 3 times. After the third time we bought a FloJet, haven't had a problem again. Flojet is in the business of making pumps(see their website). We also didn't buy their top of the line equivalent to the ShurFlo, had enough of the new fangled "better flow", yes it had a better flow when it was working..................

robnmo

Same here, we went through 2 of the 5.7's in less than a year (both replaced @ no charge by Shur flo, #3 they sent is the "new improved" version, not sure how long it will last like Jim we only use if for bathroom breaks, otherwise we're always on city water hookup, but if this one goes, I think I'll search up some thing other than a Shur flo.

porthole

Retired
On my third pump. What stinks about those pumps is that the OEM pump is identical to the over the counter version, except for 1 digit on the model.
OEM = 1 year warranty
OTH = 3 year warranty

For as many shurflo pumps I have bought over the years (boats) I will never buy another one.
Having an obvious excessive failure rate and allowing the consumers to foot the bill is poor custoemr service.