Garage Beds???

sbxone

One of the options that was not on our used 3950 when we bought it was the garage beds. Does anyone know if that is an option that can be installed now by a dealer. We have a large family but the deal we got on this one was pretty hard to pass up. We can make due but it sure would sweeten the deal. Thanks for your time.

Scott

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Scott,

I can not say for sure so I would call Heartland Customer Service ( 877-262-8032) on Monday and ask them. Have your VIN number so then can look up your unit to see if all of the internal supports were added at the time of MFG. I'm sure that you can purchase it from Heartland if it can be installed - I would strongly suggest that you also sign up for the Heartland Owners Club ( info is here => //heartlandowners.org/forumdisplay.php/350-Heartland-Owners-Club-Join-Manage-Directory-Benefits-FAQs )- you will receive a discount on anything ordered from Heartland ( parts and accessories that is ). It you are looking at adding the beds that savings will more than cover the cost of membership. Also there is a Rally next month in VA Beach - check out the list of rallies on the front page ( portal ) on the right side of the main page.

robnmo

One of the options that was not on our used 3950 when we bought it was the garage beds. Does anyone know if that is an option that can be installed now by a dealer. We have a large family but the deal we got on this one was pretty hard to pass up. We can make due but it sure would sweeten the deal. Thanks for your time.

Scott

We checked with Camping world in Florida last year, they did some calling and said they could get them from the manufacturer, not sure if they would install them.

porthole

Retired
One of our former members here researched it and found the it was cost prohibitive to get all the parts, almost $4000.
It is in the forum here somewhere under Yianni

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
One of our former members here researched it and found the it was cost prohibitive to get all the parts, almost $4000.
It is in the forum here somewhere under Yianni

An option that the kids might be just as happy with is the large folding cots. If they are like my grandkids, they can sleep on anything, anytime, so those would work well and they can be folded up out of the way when not being used. Would save you a ton of money. As Kevin stated above, think about coming to the Rally in Virginia Beach next month. If there's something you need to ask about, work on, or just think about doing to your new rig, there'll be a lot of folks at the rally who have done it, thought about doing it, or just know how to do it. I'm amazed at the braintrust assembled at the rallies.

sbxone

Thanks for all the help and the invite. We are looking into the timing of the event. As for the beds the factory told me that this was something I could not do. For the time being we will use a cot for the boy to sleep in the garage. I have however given consideration to a homemade frame to be used as a bed and or upper storage area. We are working out the details and whether or not its feasible. If it ever becomes reality Ill post back and let everyone know how it worked out. Thanks again for all the help

Scott