Clearance problems with front mounted spare on TT?

CliffP

It seems that most people don't have any clearance issues with a spare tire mount under the front tongue on their TTs.

If anyone out there that has had to relocate their spare for that reason please let us know?

Cliff and Mindy

GaryWT

Re: Clearance problems with front mouted spare on TT?

I took mine off, it dragged going in and out of the driveway. The back end drags as well so we have to drive on a pile of 2X10's to get in and out of the driveway.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors

We have not had any problems, but then our trailer is shorter (if that makes a difference).

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired

Had to remove ours from our first North Trail. We noticed severe scrape marks on the spare when I took it off for the winter. I relocated it to the back bumper. Problem solved.

Attachments

• 100_0417.jpg
    100_0417.jpg
    334.1 KB · Views: 47

eyespy

How did you mount the spare tyre? We also had to move our spare tyre in front due to scraping. And suggestions of the rear bumper as we are having scraping problems in and out of our driveway.
Also not happy travelling with water on board due to the tyre guard being too close to the tyre.

Lorelle
NT Focus Edition 23

CliffP

How did you mount the spare tyre? We also had to move our spare tyre in front due to scraping. And suggestions of the rear bumper as we are having scraping problems in and out of our driveway.
Also not happy travelling with water on board due to the tyre guard being too close to the tyre.

Lorelle
NT Focus Edition 23

Lorelle,

Does your camper bottom out when you have your fresh water tank filled or does it look like it could?

CliffP

Had to remove ours from our first North Trail. We noticed severe scrape marks on the spare when I took it off for the winter. I relocated it to the back bumper. Problem solved.

Your spare looks good there! Was it scraping in your driveway or someplace else?

eyespy

It has not bottom out however it does look like it could. Any suggestions?

CliffP

We are going to leave it where it's at and pay close attention when pulling into or out of any place that has a slope where it meets the road. If it hits anyplace we'll figure out another place to keep it.

Our thoughts so far are pass through storage or back of truck.

Cliff and Mindy

Marge

All who wander are not lost.

We left ours where it is, we just take it slow over bumps, what have you, and it's hasn't scraped yet.

zeus7625

We took ours off and put it in the forward storage compartment. I take it out every once in a while to check tire pressure. We have a dip in our driveway and it was too close to chance it. It still leaves plenty of room for our storage needs.

PeternLiane

We took ours off and put it in the forward storage compartment. I take it out every once in a while to check tire pressure. We have a dip in our driveway and it was too close to chance it. It still leaves plenty of room for our storage needs.

I've seen some in the front storage compartment. If mine ever becomes a problem I'll put it on the back bumper or in a storage box on the back bumper.