Rookie needs educating

New to 5th wheels. New to this forum. Fell in love with the LOOKS of the Greystone. I assume that the term "fiver" is a nickname for 5th wheel. What is "low profile" referring to? How does the Greystone compare yo others? I don't want to buy one just because it looks cool. maybe this is a question that is best answered by someone who has owned campers from other manufacturers.

branson4020

Icantre Member
Low-profile, mid-profile, full-profile refer to the overall height of the trailer. Full-profile rigs have front sections with ceiling heights of greater than 6' and an overall height of 13' or so. Low-profile and mid-profile are the same thing depending the manufacturer's designation and have lower interior ceiling heights and lower overall height.

jimtoo

HI Lsutigerdr,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure you will get lots of replies here soon from other family members. Heartland really does a good job of exceeding standards of the industry. But, no, they are not perfect. Like any of the RV manufactures you might have a problem with something. But Heartland steps up and the customer service is second to none.

Enjoy the forum and hope to see you on the road at a rally or someplace.

Jim M

PS: Are you really a LSU Tiger Dr.? :)

jimtoo

Great to have you onboard. Any thing specific you need to know? The Heartland family is here to help.

I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with some opinions.

Jim M

Great to have you onboard. Any thing specific you need to know? The Heartland family is here to help.

I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with some opinions.

Jim M

Not really sure which brands are good. Everyone says good things about Heartland in general, but they seem to have numerous lines. Are any of them considered poor choices, or are all of them equal in quality?

jimtoo

Yes, they do have a lot of different lines. Seems each line is a little different with the Landmark being the top. Bighorn next and going on down. I know Landmark and Bighorn have better quality construction materials in the cabinets, solid wood, maybe the Big Country also, then they go to the wrapped stiles and a little cheaper materials. I think it would be best if you could go to a dealer or RV show and just compare for yourself the difference in cabinets and interior decorations and quality of components. This is link to Heartlands RVs site where you can compare a lot of the specs.

I don't know of a dealer in your area myself, but we are having a Heartland Owners Rally in Spring, Tx. April 18--22, 2012. I'm sure you would be welcome to come and spend a little time with us at the Rayford Crossing RV Resort. You could see a lot of different units and meet lots of great people. Also Ron Hoover RV of Katy, Tx is helping sponsor the rally, so they will probably have one or two units on location also.

Jim M