Listing with slides out

I visited a dealer last week and looked at a 2800rls. Looks like a great coach with lots of useful features. However, when I left the lot, the exit took me past the rear of the trailer and I noticed that the trailer appeared to lean severely toward the extended slides. I didn't happen to notice if the rear jacks were down. Is this an indication of inadequate spring stiffness? In normal use, is it a must to support the extended slides?

This is a very informative forum - been sitting here for hours!

fishn2dmax

Listing is normal on any trailer that has slides extended without the rear jacks down. With the Slides out there is a significant amount of leverage on the frame axle suspension. The jacks act to offset this inbalance. It is always a good practice to first level the coach and have all the jacks down before extending or retracting slides.

lwfox002

:) My Sundance will list without the jacks down and trailer leveled. Once I level it and it is secure, no list.

Thanks!

Thanks, folks! Based upon what I've read in these forums, Heartland appears to make a good trailer. I think we're going to do this thing!