Satellite quit working.

Gaffer

Went to set up the satellite dish at our new park and can't get a signal though the RV cable. Ran the cable from the dish through the door directly to the reviever and all was well. Checked the connection at the UDC and the wall outlet behind the TV and found the connections to be tight. Pulled the speaker in the bedroom to see if there was a splice there but saw nothing but the speaker wire. Does anyone know if there is a splice point somewhere in the bedroom area or just a loop? It has always worked before. Got me scratching my head.

jnbhobe

I think there is a splice behind the basement wall then it goes to the entertainment center and the bed room.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
There is most likely a connector in the underbelly beneath the slide. Follow the coax from under the slide and where it enters the frame, drop the Coroplast and feel around for the connector.

Peace
Dave

Gaffer

Tried one more thing to test the cable. I connected the tv directly to the the Sat wall plate and connected the cable tv input to the living room sat at the UDC. Got the cable channels okay. Then I moved the dish to an area with a more clear view of the sky. Problem solved. I never dreamed that with as few leaves and as far apart as the trees were that they would block the signal.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you have a Smart Phone, look for an App that is called Satellite AR.
It used the phone camera and GPS to show you where the satellites are and any obstruction in between them and your dish.

Peace
Dave