Can you carry more than 2000 lbs in a CY 300C?

I want to buy a CY 300C but the specs show a GVWR of 14,000 lbs and a Dry Weight of 11,950 lbs. Most similar toyhaulers can carry 3000 to 4000 lbs. I am sure we will need to carry more than 2000 lbs. Can you carry more than 2000 lbs in a CY 300C? How do you do it? :confused:

Thanks for your ideas, Tony Williams :confused: tony@wolfisland.net

sJv

The actual GVWR of the 300C is 16K lbs. For some interesting reason, trailers bound for CA still show 14K on their stickers, but they are the same as the trailers going to other parts of the US! My theory is that by stamping 14K on the weight sticker, the CA owner will not need to get their non-commercial class A license. You can contact AJ Jones to confirm.

-steve

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
The garage carrying capacity in the 300C is 2500 lbs. The unit is equipped with 10" I-Beam frame rails and two 7,000 lbs. axles. Keep in mind that the pin weight is subtracted from the number of the unit because it is being supported by the truck. So if the unit it self weighs 12,000lbs and has a pin weight of 2,900 lbs that 2,900 lbs would be supported by the truck and the axles would see roughly 9,100 lbs. Keep in mind that the items loaded in the garage actually reduce pin weight (usually 2lbs of garage weight will remove 1 lbs of pin weight). So if you load the garage completely full up to 2500 lbs your pin weight would be reduced to around 1,650lbs. This would give you a combined total of 15,650 lbs.

porthole

Retired
It would be nice if the "decal" reflected the "interpolated" weight rating.

I have been using the interpolated rating almost since day one, otherwise we would not be able to carry anything in the traielr once we added water.