Need Bike Rack suggestions.

mikeandconnie

Hi
It's time to start shopping for a bike rack for 2 with a 1 1/4 connector. I'm not sure of what type to buy to clear the ladder in back of the RV. Does any one have any suggestion or what are you using on yours?

Thanks
Mike

danemayer

We're using this one. It was $74 from Amazon last year so I'd suggest doing some price shopping. It has 3 positions for bikes, but the inside one is too close to the rear cap to use.

The rack fits the 1 1/4" hitch that's attached to the frame of our Landmark. With it's adapter, it also fits the 2" frame on the truck.

I use a bungee cord between the rack and the ladder to minimize left-to-right movement. Another 5 or 6 bungee cords secure the bikes from unwanted movement. We also use shower caps on the bicycle seats to protect from weather.

Last edited:

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I am not sure if you would want to hang 2 bikes on the rear ladder of your Landmark. If you do a search of the forum you will find some of the way's many of us carry bikes. I personally prefer the one mounted on the pin box. It rides steady and they wll not fall off due to the bounce of the rear of the trailer.

DSC_0093 [800x600].JPG

BC

jjriker

We do use our ladder to carry our bikes, and it seems to work really well. (Swagman RV and Motorhome 2 Bike Carrier - $47)

CliffP

Our North Trail has a pull out bumper/bike rack. We've had a Thule bike rack like this one that we've used on our vehicles for years. Ours came with a built in cable lock for the bikes and pin lock for the hitch. Our son and daughter both race BMX bikes so the rack gets used a lot. It works great for us.

Cliff and Mindy