satillite in bedroom

elwaller39

Evans & Lana
Can the Bighorn be wired for satillite in the bedroom as well as the living room? Can each one watch different programs at the same time? Evans & Lana

mowmoney

I don't know about the Bighorn but the landmark can. We just had ours done, but I'm not sure of the specifics of where everything was and how they did it.

elwaller39

Evans & Lana
Yes, we did get in the bed room to work, but do not have the satilite dish working in the living room yet and do not know what the problem is yet for the BigHorn.This coach makes you feel like you are living in a small home. It is very homey feeling. Evans & Lana

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

Hi Evan and Lana
I am not sure how the Bighorns are wired for satalites but I do know that you will not be able to watch different channels unless yo have seperate recievers in each room.

Glenn

ZAZ

Can anyone help with satilite to the bedroom? I have a cyclone 370c with dish network all hooked up and I can watch tv in the main area but can not get nothing to the bedroom at all. Along the side wall were your main tv is has 2 cable outlets and I ran a cable cord to the main tv and tried both outlets and still can't tv to my bedroom. I have not tired hooking up a tv in the back part of the garage area, but I bet money on it that it won't work back there or were ever else ya can plug a tv into.

danemayer

Can anyone help with satilite to the bedroom? I have a cyclone 370c with dish network all hooked up and I can watch tv in the main area but can not get nothing to the bedroom at all. Along the side wall were your main tv is has 2 cable outlets and I ran a cable cord to the main tv and tried both outlets and still can't tv to my bedroom. I have not tired hooking up a tv in the back part of the garage area, but I bet money on it that it won't work back there or were ever else ya can plug a tv into.

I'm not clear on how you're trying to get the satellite signal to the 2nd TV. Normally you would need a 2nd satellite receiver at the 2nd TV. Assuming your dish supports 2 coax connections, on most trailers, you would connect the 2 COAX lines to the living room and bedroom connectors in the UDC (but I don't know how your Cyclone is wired for satellite). Or you could run the 2nd COAX line from the dish through a window or other opening to get to the 2nd receiver.

If you're trying to run a TV output through your internal COAX wiring, into the bedroom TV, I don't know if anyone has got that working. Many TVs won't have video outputs.

If your living room satellite receiver has a COAX output to the TV, you might be able to take a splitter and run one output to the living room TV, and the other through the internal Satellite COAX wiring to the 2nd TV (if your trailer has that wiring). If you try to use the Cable/Antenna COAX line, the booster and splitters will probably not pass the satellite signal. You might be able to use splitters to bypass the booster, but that might take you deeper than you're ready to go.

MTPockets

Our Big Horn has a satellite connection for the bedroom and a separate connection for the Living room.

Last edited:

frumbawa

I have the same issue as Zaz in my 3612. I have two satellite inputs in my UDC and was told that one was for the living room, the second went to the bedroom. Living room works fine. I switched the input to the bedroom, moved the receiver and nothing. I pulled the wall plate down from the ceiling in the bedroom cabinet and guess what - no cable attached to the connector and no cable to be found. I pulled the panel in the basement and there is a cable attached at that end but I have no idea where it goes. I asked Jim B. to post the cable diagrams for the Cyclones but I haven't seen them yet. I will eventually call Heartland to see what I can find out but it not high on my immediate priority list.

Please post back if you get it figured out.

Good luck.

Frank

Nathan

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...ookup-question?p=239869&highlight=#post239869

Check out this thread. I was able to connect to my satellite when I did not have a pure satellite connection on the outside of my rig. It works beautifully. Any questions, let me know! Good luck.

With this setup I am only able to watch One program at a time on all my TV's.