Steps for 3670 RL

Dylan

Hoping someone can confirm, that a four step riser is just right for a 2009 3670RL. We're not on our site, and I'm having someone build a set of stairs, using a standard four step riser. I'm pretty sure it's the right height, seeing the fifth step would be stepping into the trailer. The fold out steps just don't cut it for the dog, and they seem awful bouncy at the bottome step.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Dylan, are you referring to building wooden steps? Depending on the rise of each step, the 4 step will not be enough for a comfy rise. I used a 5 step pre cut stringer from Home D and it's much better for Suzi and us as well. The top step is at 35". Sorry but I don't have any pictures. It works well for us and we have an open area just inside the door to lay the steps for travel. I used green treated stringers and cedar deck boards for steps. Weight isi around 60# and I can manage getting them into the rig alone if needed.

Lance & Jo

Just measured, ours is a 4 step with 7" rise to the steps. It's 40 1/2 inches from the door sill to the ground.

Dylan

Just measured, ours is a 4 step with 7" rise to the steps. It's 40 1/2 inches from the door sill to the ground.
Thanks. I picked out a 4 step with 7" riser also. Am I right in saying that's 28 inches (plus thickness of boards), and the last step into the trailer would be the 5th step, or a step up of about 8 inches? It's the standard 4 step riser I purchased....hoping it's the right one.