Air bag PSI

Burtonair01

Not sure where to post this but here it goes. I am just wondering for all of you who have air bags on their trucks what PSI you keep in them when towing? Thanks for any info!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum Burtonair01 and welcome to the forum. Lots of good information here.
This was just recently the topic of discussion.
You can read about it HERE.

Peace
Dave

RoadJunkie

I run my air bags with the pressure required to level the truck with the rig. This pressure clearly won't be the same for any two of us. I do run about 12 PSI when not towing, as identified in the air bag manual.

ncc1701e

I usually run at 5psi without the trailer (after this was pointed out to me in the manual) and 20 to 25 with the trailer. This seems to be enough to level the truck back up with the trailer onboard.

mmomega

AnyTimer
I have just enough to level the truck out.

Instead of trying to eyeball it you can measure from the bottom of the wheel bead up to the highest point on the fender opening. Put a piece of tape there with the height you measured, then load the trailer up and just add air until you get back to that measurement. Remember the psi and you should be good from then on.

Then deflate to around 5 lbs when empty or whatever is comfortable to you without them being completely flat.