ATF: Landmark - Roll Up Door Installation

FordMan1966

I bought a 2013 Landmark Grand Canyon that was missing the roll up door on the kitchen cabinets. The dealer ordered this for me and I picked it up today and hope to install it myself to keep from taking the camper about 60 miles round trip to have this put on. Do you have any instructions as to how to install this roll up door?

FordMan1966

What a poor quality control... The opening for this cabinet is 18 3/8" tall and 23" wide. One piece of the trim was cut at 16" and not even cut on a correct 45 degree angle and one was cut at 16 1/2" and the piece of trim that goes across the top was about 23 1/4" long. These measurements are to the short side which would be the interior side of the trim for the opening. Then the piece that I guess goes along the bottom of the roller door has no way to attach the 2 together.

2 doors and matching knobs and hinges would be much better. Do you all have any doors that would fit on this size opening that would match the Glazed Maple Cabinets?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We love the roll up door for the appliance garage and much prefer it over traditional side by side doors. We store out big coffee maker, electric can opener, paper towel roll and several odds and ends in there and don't have to worry about the doors coming open and anything falling out. I think I'd opt on a trip by the dealer to have them do the work with the right materials.

DougS

Doug S
Fordman1966,
i had my roll appliance door apart because it would not stay open. The only thing that holds the door on is the two side pieces, 4 screws. One side is screwed on, then the other side is screwed on and pulled as tight as possible toward the roll top door, friction is the only thing that holds the door up. I would look for screw holes inside the opening to see if someone removed an original door while at the dealer. I can send pictures if needed. Also, I used a large rubber band to hold assembly together while installing, made the re-installation easy.

FordMan1966

The factory left it off as it was being built along with the back splash. I put the back splash on last night.

Fordman1966,
i had my roll appliance door apart because it would not stay open. The only thing that holds the door on is the two side pieces, 4 screws. One side is screwed on, then the other side is screwed on and pulled as tight as possible toward the roll top door, friction is the only thing that holds the door up. I would look for screw holes inside the opening to see if someone removed an original door while at the dealer. I can send pictures if needed. Also, I used a large rubber band to hold assembly together while installing, made the re-installation easy.