Stereo unit wiring

Rick.

Was just trying to remove stereo unit to access connectors for satelite radio and extra speakers. Seems there must be a trick to getting the unit out without damaging wiring and plugs. Any tricks on taking unit out?

jimtoo

Hi Rick,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I can't help you with the MPG wiring, but some of the other family member will be in and help out soon.

Enjoy the forum and your MPG.

Jim M

ryanman

On each side of the radio, grasp the vertical trim pieces on each side and they will slide off (pull to you). There are some pressure pins that hold them on, but they come off very easily. Behind those trim pieces there are some screws to remove. There are holes for 3 screws on each side but mine only had one phillips screw in each side. Once the screws are out...simply slide the radio unit out to you. There was a lot of wire behind the unit, so you should not damage anything.

pegmikef

and if it is a jensen the trim is one piece and you can carefully pry it off with a thin bladed flat head screw drive or a butter knife. This will expose the screws.

Rick.

Thank you for the replies, I will attempt to pull the unit out again when the the weather warms up. we are in a snow storm warning, Will replie with the results at a later date.