Size of the outdoor speakers on the edge m21

tracyc

Just bought my first Heartland product. Edge M21 ..My question is does anyone know what size the outdoor speakers are? The unit i bought is used but i find the outdoor speakers can't handle to much bass.. The radio unit and speakers are Jensen..I would love speakers that can handle more . I just don't know the size and don't want to take out old speakers until i know what size i should be shopping for before hand.
Thanks for any help that can be given T

Last edited:

caissiel

On our BC IT HAS 5.25IN outdoor speakers that I have replaced with other brand unit. Check what is the dept you can use. I was limited on ours to the original dept of unit.
I replace them with pyramid 5.25 units that sounds much better. Bought 4 now have:angel: 2 spares.

tracyc

Thanks so much for replying Caissiel but i'm looking for the size for a Heartland Edge M21.

Last edited:

tracyc

Just to update should anyone else would like to update their outdoor speakers on a Edge M21 they are a Jensen 30w max MS5006W -5.25 speaker (so you were correct Caissiel on the size). Because of their location on my TT depth is not an issue.
Hope this may also help other's when looking into upgrading..will note though that the screws have no bite when putting them back into orginal location. options are making new holes for the 5.25 speaker or makeing a bigger hole to fit larger speaker..

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I bought a couple replacements from Jensen Direct. Great service! Unless you want bigger speakers I personally would fill the existing screw holes and reuse them.

Just to update should anyone else would like to update their outdoor speakers on a Edge M21 they are a Jensen 30w max MS5006W -5.25 speaker (so you were correct Caissiel on the size). Because of their location on my TT depth is not an issue.
Hope this may also help other's when looking into upgrading..will note though that the screws have no bite when putting them back into orginal location. options are making new holes for the 5.25 speaker or makeing a bigger hole to fit larger speaker..

+1. when you replace the speakers, you may have to use a larger screw or new mounting points. Any set of $30 Radio Shack speakers will be better than those OE Jensens.

RonBB

I ended up also buying the Jensen Speakers from Jensen direct. I agree that they aren't terrific speakers, the price was pretty good though-they are waterproof, or are supposed to be. I needed one & bought 3 so I would have a pair for backup. I think the total cost for all three including shipping was around $35 total. My M18 is FBP & the original speakers were apparently white from Jensen & sprayed the brown when Edge did the FBP. I was able to separate the new speakers & screw on the old painted grills on the new speaker so not having to paint the new speaker grill. I didn't know the originals were white & ordered the black ones from Jensen, with the old grills you could not tell the difference. Safe RVing to all.