300C Toilet Paper Holder?

This may seem like a simple question, but I'll ask anyway...

If you own a 300C (or unit with a similar bathroom layout) where did you mount the TP holder? The pocket door sits to your left...and the wall behind is out of the question (I could not reach around due to a back injury). I saw someone on the forum who had mounted a suction type holder to the shower glass with glue, but management veto'd that one, so I'm back to square one. :confused:

I was thinking about the vanity door directly in front of the toilet, but thought I'd ask here first since there are so many good ideas on this forum, perhaps someone has a better solution, especially before I go knocking holes in wooden cabinet doors....

Thanks!

Dave

sJv

I mounted mine to the wall in the left basin cabinet. It's an easy reach to open the door and there it is, and is out of the way at other times. I used sheetrock style screws in the wall. I didn't want to screw anything into the cabinetry. I didn't like the chinzy looking toilet paper holder that came with it, so I bought a nicer one at Lowes. It's bronze to match the faucet.

-steve

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
What we have done, and I know others have done the same, is to use a stand alone paper holder.
You can move it anywhere you want and it never falls over when we travel.
Any big box building center or Wal Mart carry them.

Peace
Dave

Lynn1130

What Cookie said. Walmart for a few bucks and you don't have to make holes in the wall either.

Urban350

We have the same problem and the 300C, it does not lend itself to a stand alone tp holder, or atleast one that we have found that would fit. Still working on this problem though.

jimtoo

I looked at the floor plan for the 300c and see there is a cabinet at side of commode. You might get one of the recessed holders from HD or where ever and cut hole in side of cabinet. Recesses about 2-- 2 1/2 inches. Easy to install. You can't put one on the other side into wall because of sliding (recessed) door.

Jim M

sJv

I figure a picture is worth 1K of words. Here's my toilet paper holder I got from Lowes. It was a very easy install. I also got the matching towel holder mounted above the toilet, and a matching soap dispenser and toothbrush holder. All are the same oil-rubbed bronze finish as the faucet.

-steve

IMG_1643.jpg

jbeletti

Nice Steve. I've used that same older one twice now. In the current coach, mine is mounted to the backside of the vanity cabinet door.

Jim

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
I'm with "Cookie" on this. I didn't care for the holder that came with ours and I certainly didn't want one on the wall (for someone to whack with an elbow) or even behind the door of the bottom cabinet. I went to Lowes and was able to find a stand-alone holder that matches the faucet. Bottom is heavy so it probably wouldn't fall over...I lay it down anyway, it doesn't roll around because of the shape, plus it looks nice. I was also able to find other items which matched faucet as well (toothbrush holder). Color coordination is important :). I do see what the problem is as far as the floor layout for the 300C, but I think a stand alone holder may work out. The fact that it can be positioned for different people/arm lengths; I can't really tell how far one would have to reach if you put it behind the cabinet door (think kids).

Great ideas all...was in the trailer last night, and I think we'll try putting it in the cabinet. I'll start with the super-cheap holder that came with the trailer, but instead of on the wall, I'm going to mount an angle bracket to the inside of the cupboard above the door (if there's a more complicated way to do something, I'll find it :p ... it's a gift!)

My wife was concerned that if somebody used the washroom, they might not know where to look for paper...I'm betting that they would do what I would do, open the nearest cabinet door before yelling, "Hey, there's no paper in here...". We'll see who's right on that one.

If that doesn't work, it's the stand-alone, lots of room on the non-flush valve side of the toilet, and no visible holes in the cabinetry. Pictures will be posted shortly.

Thanks for all the responses!

Dave

twohappycampers

My simple solution. I stack a few rolls on the shelf inside the cabinet under the sink. Just open the cabinet door, reach in, grab the roll, unroll what's needed, tear it off, put the roll back, close the cabinet door, and continue with your business :eek: If you think your guests won't think to look inside, put a cutsie little label of some sort on the outside of the door. Realize this won't work in all the bathroom configurations, but sure suits us.

71stang99

I just bought 3/4 screws and used washers to attach it to the door from the inside. Worked great and using washers prevented the screws from going through as the 3/4 were a tough too long.