Wineguard Carryout Satellite Dish SALE

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
FYI - There has been a dramatic reduction in the price on the Wineguard Carryout Satellite Dish. Right now Tweetys.com has them on sale for $588.00. Got our a couple of days ago. Works great. Now we don't have to worry about the trees blocking the roof dish.:cool:

Attachments

• satellite dish.JPG
    satellite dish.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 223

GOTTOYS

My Dish network Tailgater will do everything a Carryout will do except receive Direct TV for around $350.00. We're very happy with it...Don

RoadJunkie

I don't know, Don...Can your Tailgater balance itself on a two-legged bi-pod like Jim's? I love my Carryout, picks up great HD from Dish Network.

rustyshakelford

im glad yall are getting such good deals! these things are awesome and we love ours. however, i would love it more if i had been able to pay almost $200 less than i did!

great find and i recommend these to anyone!

brett

pegmikef

My Dish network Tailgater will do everything a Carryout will do except receive Direct TV for around $350.00. We're very happy with it...Don

yep and I like having power integrated into the coax instead of a separate cable. Don't know about the bipod because I have never tried one. Half the time it just sits on the pull out cargo rack and other times on the ground . . . works fine in all weather.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Sorry about the angle of the photo...the stand is a tri-pod...never noticed only 2 of the legs were showing. BTW I had it set on top of the hot tub cover at the house to try it out and take a photo of it. And yes it will receive both Direct TV and Dish Network. It comes set up for Direct TV and to change it over to Dish you only have to change sever dip switches on the inside of the cover. Simple instructions are included. Personally I use Direct TV and it really found the satellite signals faster that my Wineguard automatic roof Dish.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I'll be getting a new one since the lawn service guys ran over the cord and ripped it out of the dish. :mad:

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Hey jay, you still in cajun country eating those crawfish?
On the sat. Dish you have. I'm thinking of putting a small piece of plywood on each end of the roof and fix up some kind of mounting bracket on it. That way i could move it from one end of the rv to the other to miss some trees. What you think? Kenny

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Kenny, we moved over to the Alamissibamasippi rally, so now we're hanging out in Gulf Shores.

I had one of the tripods that I use. It works well but is kind of spendy. Winegard offers the tripod or ladder mount but I can move the tripod around. Some times the little bit of extra elevation of the tripod helps.

FlyerChief

You can also add us as VERY satisfied Carryout users. It is very convenient. Works flawlessly. Never had a single problem with it. We use it with DirecTV.

dave10a

I too am very happy with my Carryout using it with Dishnetwork. I paid the $150 extra over the Tailgater so I would not be tied to Dish and could Switch to DirectTV if they offer a better deal. The only thing I wished carryout could do is work with a dual tuner Dish receiver so I can watch satellite TV in the bedroom using a separator. Oh well can't have everything and you get what you pay for :)
Winegard makes great products and stand behind them....

MTPockets

yep and I like having power integrated into the coax instead of a separate cable. Don't know about the bipod because I have never tried one. Half the time it just sits on the pull out cargo rack and other times on the ground . . . works fine in all weather.

Tailgater, although only good with Dish TV, it is our choice. We don't need anything else and it works great. And it's $250 less money.

Jimmyt5

I have a VuQube which is a big brother to Tailgater works on Direct and Dish and covers two receivers......

dave10a

I have a VuQube which is a big brother to Tailgater works on Direct and Dish and covers two receivers......

Does the the VuQube work with dual tuner Dishnetwork receiver, or is it simply a second output like the Carryout has that requires a second receiver and is not DishPro compliant?

TXTiger

I am somewhat new, have only had my rig a month, and do not yet have Sat TV. I have been looking at all the options. Been told that DirectTV does NOT have HD, but Dish does. Also been told that none of the portable systems, Tailgater, VuQube, CarryOut etc. have DVR? To get DVR you have to have a expensive roof top mount dish. I like the idea of being able to have Sat to both the living room tv and the bedroom tv. Is anybody using one of the portable systems able to have DVR? If so how?

danemayer

I am somewhat new, have only had my rig a month, and do not yet have Sat TV. I have been looking at all the options. Been told that DirectTV does NOT have HD, but Dish does. Also been told that none of the portable systems, Tailgater, VuQube, CarryOut etc. have DVR? To get DVR you have to have a expensive roof top mount dish. I like the idea of being able to have Sat to both the living room tv and the bedroom tv. Is anybody using one of the portable systems able to have DVR? If so how?
For Directv, if you want HD and DVR, and bedroom TV, you have basically 2 choices: auto-tuning rooftop dish that goes for $1600+, or tripod-mounted full-size dish like you have on your house; probably a Slimline-3. With the Slimline-3, you have to aim it yourself with a meter. The more expensive the meter, the easier to aim. Some people find it easy to aim with a $10 meter. Some not so easy. Smartphone apps help a lot with aiming.

If you go with the Slimline-3 dish, you have a choice of the older multi-switch LNB and matching receivers, or the newer SWM LNB and matching receivers.

The multi-switch LNB has 4 coax lines coming out of the dish, which you can feed thru your rig: 2 to the DVR and a 3rd to the bedroom.

The SWM LNB has 1 coax line that goes to a splitter that you'll probably put in the UDC. With SMW you only need 1 coax line to the DVR for both of its tuners to work, so you don't need to run additional coax to the entertainment center. A 2nd output of the splitter goes to the bedroom. With this configuration, for $3/month you can have whole-house DVR usage, so you can watch DVR recordings on the bedroom TV.

If you have Directv at home, see if they'll outfit your RV and sign you up for Distant Network Services. This year they made me create a 2nd account for the RV, but then they merged the accounts. So I'm only paying for 1 programming package that gets used by both accounts. The receivers at home get local stations and the receivers in the RV get New York stations for CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX, and CW.

I pay $6 for each of the 2 receivers in the RV, which they provided at no charge. Distant Network Services is $15/month. So my additional cost for the RV is supposed to be $27/month. But - they're only charging me for 4 receivers total for home and RV. Since I have 3 at home, the additional charge for the RV is $6. Net $21/month. But - for being a loyal Directv customer, they're giving me a $20/month discount for 12 months. Net cost is down to $1/month for next 12 months. Oh, they also threw in 6 months of free Showtime and Starz. And they provided a new Slimline-3 dish and SWM LNB and related equipment, also at no charge.

Full disclosure: I have a Satellite Tracking Pro meter which was about $180. I originally used it to aim the SL-3 with multi-switch LNB. I'm having trouble using it to aim the SWM LNB. So until I figure out why, I'm having to set up and aim using the old LNB, then switch to the SWM LNB. Works, but takes a bit longer and is kludgy. One of these days I'll get on the phone with the meter people to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

So if you're a loyal Directv customer, call them and ask them what they have that competes with Dish's pay as you go program. They'll probably tell you that you can get a 2nd account and suspend the RV when not using, suspend home when in the RV - I didn't like the details, but that is a choice. The merged account is a much better choice.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have the same RV set up as Dan. Since at the moment I am pretty much full timing in one spot but have moved my dish a couple times. Did not use a meter, just my smart phone and did not have any problems getting all my receivers work.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2