Making tools and safety equipment more accessible?

santafesoul

I'm one of those dreamers (I'd like to say inventors but that might be a big stretch) and came up with this idea. To make my tools and safety equipment more accessible I'd mount a support in the center of the basement opening. Mounted to that support is a box that would contain the items above. To get to the stored itemTool storage.jpgstored behind, that box would pivot out giving me access to that area.

I have not done any research as any structural issues, would the weight be too great to mount to the coach, and did not make any attempt to draw the attached to scale.

Can't hurt my feelings so comment away.

Couldn't move the drawing and find it quite small.

Paul

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If your going to carry tools and safety equipment any way, weight would not be any different other than your box.
If you think that's what you want to do, go for it. But take pictures along the way. Inquiring minds, you know.

Peace
Dave

GOTTOYS

My tools and safety triangles, lug wrench, jack etc are all next to each other in the rear curbside corner of my main storage compartment. I don't know why it would have to get any more complicated than that. They don't take up much room and I can easily get to anything behind them...JMHO...Don

Last edited:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Not to rain on your parade, but for me having something mounted in the opening like that would get old real fast. Seems like it would ge getting in the way all the time when trying to get stuff in/out of the basement. I prefer different size totes with lock lids for stuff like that, or just store it under the back seat of the truck.

beardedone

Beardedone
What I have been thinking of is making a slide out tray to set my toolbox on. When I need something I can pull out the tray and open up the tool box and retrieve what I need easily. By doing this I can see everything in better light and I don't have to wrestle with the heavy weight.

TeJay

I mounted a board just inside my pass through storage. On that board is a: Torque wrench, Crank for jacks 3/4" fixed socket, assorted keys (Yakima roof rack, hitch lock, hitch pin lock), WD install handle, rubber hammer, Sockets- Lug nut, jacks, wheels, etc & necessary 1/2" drive extensions. As of now my tool box is in the truck and that is not always easy to get to depending on what is packed on top of and in front of. Keeping tools for these items: WD-hitch, tire/wheel & jack tools close is handy when and if needed. To mount these items I used angle brackets, (sometimes bent to adjust for the tool). eye bolts with plastic hoses slipped over the bracket to hold the item firmly in place.

TeJay