Adding more vinyl ?

wildwolfproducts

My wife is asking for more Vinyl in the living room. Thus less carpet to have issues with. But I have concerns with the slides and the vinyl? Would this cause more issues with marking or tearing of the vinyl over the carpet? Was told there's an up-charge for this over the standard carpet, but that it was around $200. more. Not an issue there, just don't want a headache down the road later.
Pete

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
My wife is asking for more Vinyl in the living room. Thus less carpet to have issues with. But I have concerns with the slides and the vinyl? Would this cause more issues with marking or tearing of the vinyl over the carpet? Was told there's an up-charge for this over the standard carpet, but that it was around $200. more. Not an issue there, just don't want a headache down the road later.
Pete

It shouldn't since the living room slides don't typically contact the carpet but ride over it. The only one I know for sure that actually rides on the floor is the large, heavy kitchen slides with the stove and refer in them.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Replaced all of our carpet, except slides, more than two years ago and we fulltime in our rig. No problem with slides , etc. Will never have carpet again. We used a heavy duty resilient vinyl flooring called Tranquility from Lumber Liquidators.

wildwolfproducts

Thanks guys, they told me it would all changed but still have carpet in the slides and right under and in front of them. Don't mine it in the bedroom, but hate carpet my self. We have put down hardwood flooring in all of our house but the kitchen and bath's. They have vinyl, after you take up carpet that has been down a few years. Get to see all that sand like dirt that still gets under it. Don't matter if you vacuum each day, to me carpet is still dirty.
Again thanks for the info.
Pete

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Thanks guys, they told me it would all changed but still have carpet in the slides and right under and in front of them. Don't mine it in the bedroom, but hate carpet my self. We have put down hardwood flooring in all of our house but the kitchen and bath's. They have vinyl, after you take up carpet that has been down a few years. Get to see all that sand like dirt that still gets under it. Don't matter if you vacuum each day, to me carpet is still dirty.
Again thanks for the info.
Pete

Ha! I'm in the process or ridding our house of carpet, too. You'd think you were pulling carpet off the beach. It was tons of fun replacing the carpet on the stairs with hardwood inserts. Pricey, too.