Sheets for King bed

DJGood

Help, Help, Help

Okay, talked with our dealer today, our 3500 Big Horn is in and they will have it ready by the end of next week. If ya'll remember, we are new to all of this and we are not ready!
I have been busy looking for items to stock the kitchen and living room, but have not been able to locate sheets to fit the king size bed. What does everyone use and where did you get them?
Also, is there anything else special I need to find before we go pick up our new Big Horn next week. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for all your help. Debi:confused:

Cheryl

I used my sheets from my bed at home, they fit fine. They are Northern Nights brand. I got them from QVC.com.

DJGood

HI Cheryl

Thanks for the response, so, your king sheets fit on the bed? Great, I was afraid the bed size was not a standard king. This will work out with no problem.

Thanks again,
Debi

Cheryl

You're welcome. If it does turn out that the Bighorn bed is different than my Landmark, Camping World sells sheet sets specifically for beds in campers.

Dusty

King sheets

I checked with camping world and they dont carry king sheets for RV's the best i have been able to do is use regular king sheets and they are a little large on the mattress, however I added a foam pad and a thermal foam pad on he mattress and they fit much better. I have a BigHorn 3500, the rounded corners of the bed leave a little to be desired, but nothing insurmountable.

Dusty

DJGood

Thanks Dusty. I did try a set of regular king sheets this past week, they were huge, but like you said maybe with the extra padding, it will be okay. I will try that and see how it does. Yeah, the rounded corners are something else, but it beats having to flip the mattress up.

Thanks for the response. Debi and Chris

BigBlue

BigBlue
We also use the little straps that you can put from corner to corner under the mattress. You pull the sheets tight and then clip the strap accross the corner with some tension on . That will help to keep the sheet from wrinkling.
Jim

DJGood

Hi GUys

NO, we do not have a pillow top on yet, but were look yesterday at Camping World. I think we will wait to get anything else until we can actually measure everything.
Thanks for the advice, I will check into all these things.
Debi

DJGood

Hi Cheryl

Darn! Well, maybe with the extra pads and maybe the corner straps, the King size sheets will work.
Thanks for the ideas. Debi