First trip blues

iefpro01

Below you will se a list of things from our first trip, granted one thing is a customer ordered thing, but this is after the dealer had the trailer for 4, yes 4 weeks fixing a long list of PDI items! LOL - DW is not a "happy camper"...:mad:

1. Will need a new tire and rim – was going 65 when tire blew out, the tire smoked and the rim must be damaged. Can we get a Goodyear?
2. Two flats/blowouts same wheel spot in 300 miles. I would like the axle replaced or absolute proof the axle is ok.
3. Outside hitch light does not work
4. Refrigerator issues – did not work on lower part, did not switch to AC when plugged in; used gas the entire time. Lost a lot of food.
5. Front Closet door track need to be repaired. Entire upper track has come loose and has fallen! Stapeled and not stapled well...
6. Strap that secures fire extinguisher is missing (reported broken at PDI)
7. No locking latch on the upper pull out by the refrigerator.
8. Door under kitchen sink is warped
9. Toilet leaked when sat on
10. Need to put woofer in cabinet, why did they put it under the desk when installing the fireplace?
11. Metal showing under carpet by couch
12. Put on airborne hitch (ordered by Customer)
13. Furnace air vent left side of stairs needs to be repaired. staples did not hold.
14. Fantastic vent did not close when turned off
15. Hydraulic valve for bedroom slide blew out needs to be replaced.
16. Open PDI issues(living room door and bathroom wall panel)..

Can't wait for my second trip - which is going to eb a 5K 24 day trip in 6 weeks...

cjbearden

Visitor
You are Doing Great!

Compared to our first list (which included many of the same things going on with your unit), yours is really not too bad. Take pictures, make your dealer send them to Heartland or email them yourself. Keeping dogging the issues and you will get results like we did. DW must become a happy camper!

Best wishes for a better second trip.

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Your biggest problem will be with your dealer. Heartland has not been the problem with ours.
Keep on the service manager!!! not just the service "advisor". If all fails pound on the owners door!!!
Rand

C

Chulinw

Like the others said stay in contact with the service manager. If you get the run around knock on the owners door real fast and let him know you are not happy. Heartland will hold up their end and help you out as much as possible.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
iefpro01 said:
I have sent DW to take care of 'em....

I can just visualize this, nothing like a woman scorned.:D My Dealer has been great so far, but look out if the DW is not happy with the fixes. Good Luck and Great Travels---Ken

jrlebaron

The dealer we delt with let us stay on his property until everything was fixed to our satisfaction. We stayed for four nights only finding minor things wrong with our fiver. Guess we were lucky.

Jim

iefpro01

I am lucky - since we live less than 10 miles from the dealer. I am sure everything will get worked out, but sure seems like a ot of stuff...