Picking up new 3800 on Thursday

Bksvo

We are finally picking up our new 3800 on Thursday:cool:. Any advice on things to look for or do at delivery? We plan on videotaping everything so we can look back and see what we forgot!

porthole

Retired
If you can, plan on staying at least one night preferably 2 in the trailer at the dealer. Use everything - a dozen times. Best to get any concerns taken care of while you have a captive audience.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
What Duane said. Also make sure it is hooked to city water and a 50 amp plug. Check under every sink and look under the bottom for any water leaks. Turn on every faucet. Make sure the A/C and heater work as designed. In other words....push, pull, and yank on everything. A good PDI should last at least 3-4 hours.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Yea and congratulations on your "condo on wheels". Do as mentioned above if possible but also open every drawer, turn on all the lights, check tv power, open and close all doors checking for dragging, etc, etc etc. Just spend time looking at everything and making sure they work right.

But enjoy and travel safely.

CliffP

Congratulations on your new purchase. Here is a Link to the Heartland PDI wiki. It'll let you know what all needs to be checked.

What are you gonna keep in the garage?

Bksvo

We are finally picking up our new 3800 on Thursday:cool:. Any advice on things to look for or do at delivery? We plan on videotaping everything so we can look back and see what we forgot!

Well...Maybe tomorrow. We were at the dealer for 4 hours, and found too many discrepancies for them to get fixed today. Hopefully they will be done tomorrow. Thanks all for the suggestions. Our unit was used by the dealer in a couple shows, so some things were to be expected, but I was disappointed that we found so much more today with everything hooked up (we had previously gone through right after Good Sam rally). Some things were cosmetic, some fit and finish, one sink leaked. I would have thought some of these should have been caught by the factory or the dealer ahead of time.

On the bright side, my new 26k Reese slider looks great in my truck bed.

CabinetmakerII

It has been a couple of weeks... What do you think so far? We have had several warranty issues with ours. The factory has been supportive with most of the issues with the exception of the lack of heat in the garage. They say that 40 degree air exiting the heat duct in the garage is "Within Tolerance" Thats more like Air Conditioning not heat... Still no remedy from the factory. What is your tow vehicle? Looks like an F-350 SB

Regards

CabinetmakerIIResampled_2011-09-05_15-19-07_406.jpg

Bksvo

It has been a couple of weeks... What do you think so far? We have had several warranty issues with ours. The factory has been supportive with most of the issues with the exception of the lack of heat in the garage. They say that 40 degree air exiting the heat duct in the garage is "Within Tolerance" Thats more like Air Conditioning not heat... Still no remedy from the factory. What is your tow vehicle? Looks like an F-350 SB

We took it out for a three day shakedown. We love the floorplan, and I have a list of things to tweek and modify. I have a Progressive EMS on the way. I just finished putting together some dressers for the garage (got them at IKEA). Big on my list is modifying the top bunk to better store the tables. The factory solution is terrible in my opinion. I used some metal straps to hang my leveling boards in the basement. I'll post some pics when I'm done.

We have the same issue with heat in the garage (and a/c, too). I plan on cutting in another a/c duct in the garage. there is only a 2" duct blowing heat into the garage, and the floor in there isn't insulated. I think eventually gluing in some foam insulation and adding a space heater is the best way to go. I'm not sure there is a better way to get furnace heat in there. Let me know what you hear from the factory. I also need to acquire some closing a/c vents to put in the bedroom (we added a/c in there, but vents are not closing type). I'm going to add a second battery and a tank flush to the rear black tank. We also added an outlet to the lower display shelf in the kitchen for a coffee pot, and a wall switch in the small bath for the kids. I added a sewer hose pipe under the frame near the spare tire.

We did have a number of issues, mostly fit and finish. The black tank flush doesn't work at all, low water pressure in kitchen, shower leaks under enclosure, bathroom sink leaks, lines through TV picture when on cable or antenna, and one of the plastic wheel well covers had three screws pulled through.

My wife and I hate the JVC radio display. The bright blue is pretty irritating when you want to watch a movie.

I do have a 2008 F-350 SB SRW. I'm installing the Spartan tuner next week. We also have a Husky 26k lb hitch and the standard Lippert pinbox. It pulls great, no chucking to speak of. I don't have airbags, and I don't think I need them. The trailer is level and rides well as is.

cms

Okay bud, it's been 4 more weeks. You get everything took care of? Have you mounted a TV in the back? If so where?

We Just picked up our new 2013 Cyclone 3800 HD in Montrose, Colorado, and it is sweet! I towed it over two summits in Colorado with no problem. Tow Vehicle is a blacked out 2011 F350, SRW, Long Bed, 4x4, with air bags and a B&W companion hitch, along with an onboard compressor, what a set up! Sweet RV, love the layout. I've noticed some comments about the garage heat and cool, which I certainly noticed right away. Also, we are missing the cabinet door above the microwave for whatever reason, and I can't get the fuel stations level display to operate. We opted for the rear deck but they forgot to ship the cables, but they are being shipped to us. Does anyone have the 3 seasons door, kinda thinking about ordering that since we didn't the first time around. I'll have to work that out a few of those items out, but we'll get there. I know there is a post out there about how to mount a TV in the garage, I'll call Cyclone and find out what we can do for that, unless anyone has any ideas. Still have a few toys to figure out, but I think we are going to love this!!! Super exciting! How do you post pics from your computer on here (without a URL)??? Congrats everyone who has the same!

vakthund

Also, we are missing the cabinet door above the microwave for whatever reason, and I can't get the fuel stations level display to operate.
Same issues we have with our new 2013 3800. The fuel gauges do not work and there is no door over the microwave. Also, the bottom door on the cabinet next to the fridge does not have a raised panel door like the rest. Nobody notices but it annoys the heck out of me for some reason.
Definitely get the tree season door if you have the deck option, it is awesome. Makes the garage + deck area more useful.

Bksvo

Okay bud, it's been 4 more weeks. You get everything took care of? Have you mounted a TV in the back? If so where?

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/31319-My-3800-Mods Here's the link to my mods. I have not mounted a TV in back.

Our trailer did come with a door over the microwave. The door is too narrow for strut supports, so you need to hold it up, but I'm still glad it's there. The fuel guage doesn't want to read the last 5 gallons in the tank, so it shows about a 1/8 tank low. Haven't had a reason to fill it up yet, so I don't know what it would look like full.