Woodwork stain color

I am trying to find information on what stain & finish to use on additions to the interior of our 2112 26FQB. Have searched the forum but haven't found anything on refinishing. Can somebody direct me to the info? We want to add some trim and want to match the stain. Thanks for your help!

Larry & Deb

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
You might try calling Heartland customer service. If they can't tell you the stain color, they may be able to sell you some moulding or trim pieces.

Erika

CliffP

I am trying to find information on what stain & finish to use on additions to the interior of our 2112 26FQB. Have searched the forum but haven't found anything on refinishing. Can somebody direct me to the info? We want to add some trim and want to match the stain. Thanks for your help!

Larry & Deb

Please post what you find out.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Just take off a cabinet door and run it down to your local paint store. They will be able to match the color and finish for you.

Peace
Dave

TeJay

What cookie says is correct. I'd try a good brand of paint store (Benny Moore, Sherwin Williams). HD and Lowe's might work but they might not. Also depending on the type of wood, and I know ours is oak, try to get some scraps and try the finished stain on a piece. Matching stains is very difficult. Open and closed grain wood. Oil based VS water based stain. Maybe the factory can give you some information but they probably get it in large quantities. If you can determine if it is oil or water based that might help. I've added other colors to match stains. Good luck!!!
TeJay

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
You can sometimes get little sample packets of stains that you could use to mix two close stains and try to get a match before investing in a larger size.
Stain colors usually can be mixed to get a closer match. Gel stains may allow you to control the intensity better too.

Thanks everybody, for all the reply's. I am going to add a decorative oak mini railing to the opening under the sink on my trail Runner, to keep things from falling out. Sounds like my best course of action is to just match it up at the store. The part I bought to go in there is much longer than the opening, so I will have lots to practice with, to get it right. I will let you all know what I end up doing.