Refer/Pantry cabinet crack

84bob

I have a 2010 3055RL and would like to know if anyone has had the right side stile next to the pocket door start to split.Mine has a 39" split , running with the grain , starting at the top.

Westwind

I haven't experienced anything like that with my 2012, but I will confirm that I think the cabinets are the weakest link in our new 3070, especially the finish that is coming off on the drawers, trash basket door, and Medicine cabinet, very disappointing! I'm sure I can take care of it since I like to refinish furniture.
We have been living in the trailer since 2/6/2012 and I don't have any complaints since all of the important systems are functioning well.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I haven't heard of any of the face frames splitting. I have heard of some cabinet doors coming apart at the glued joints. Since you're probably out of warranty, I would try and determine the cause of the split and just try predrilling and running a few countersunk screws perpendicular to the split to try and draw it together.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Depending on how wide the split is, you could try forcing some Titebond II or III wood glue in the crack with an acid brush and clamp it together. While the glue is still wet, after clamping, wipe the excess off with a damp cloth or paper towel. Leave it clamped for a few hours, but don't try to squeeze the life out of it with the clamps.

I managed to bust a cabinet door with a slide once and repaired it good as new. Luckily, the mirror insert didn't break, just the joints between the rails and one stile.