Not open for further replies.

dieselengineer

Charter Member

Venue:
------------------------------
  • Delaware Jellystone Park
  • 8295 Brick Granary Road
  • Lincoln, DE 19960
  • (302) 491-6614 Mention Heartland Owners Club!!!
  • www.delawarejellystone.com
  • Pets ok?: Yes
  • Pet Fee: /A
  • WiFi available: Yes
  • WiFi Fee: /A

Details:
  • Number of sites held: 20 Sites are: 112 to 121, and 151 (DE chapter leader site) to 142
  • Site fee: $65 per night (this is considered a holiday w/e) BEFORE 10% discount "American Heroes" discount given to EMTs, paramedics, nurses, teachers, disabled vets, active military.... inquire about any additional discount when making reservation. Note: Good Sam Discount only available in-season
  • Club Member Event fee: $0
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20 per rig
  • Potluck: No, Dinner Out
  • Dinner date: 10/6/2012
  • Time: TBA

• Event Leader: dieselsweetheart

Additional Info:
Tina would like to have everyone booked NO LATER than 5/5/12, this is a resort CG so sites will fill, esp. for event w/e's. Each w/e in October is a Halloween celebration event. This weekend is considered a holiday because of their Halloween celebrations.
Inaugural Rally... the First one in the First State! Never seen or tried before!!!
Make your own reservation, make sure you mention Heartland Owners Club.
Mention discount availability when making reservation.
Halloween celebration each w/e. Bring along decorations. Site contest, trick-or-treating in CG.
This is Columbus day w/e. I will check on rate for Sunday if you'd like to stay the extra night. $50 per night ahead of the w/e. (Prior to Friday)
Please check back for additional info.

Attendees:

Jim and Cheryl Horst # 151
Earl and Barbara Blansfield # 113
John and Deb Bylinski # 118
John and Mary Ann Proto # 112
Arthur and Margaret #114

Bob and Betty
Floyd #111
Craig Zinter #147

Tentative Schedule of Activities:

NOTE: This is a work in progress. As plans are firmed up, we will post.

Friday night: Welcome to the rally. Set-up, meet and greet, dinner by the fire. Don't forget your pie irons or hot dog forks! Themed basket raffle tickets will go on sale. All proceeds from this raffle will go to our chosen organization. (see below)

Saturday: Scavenger hunt of landmarks in Lewes. Bring your cameras/cell phone cameras for proof you have found them! Someone will be a winner! Other tours of Rehoboth and local areas on your own.

Dinner at Irish Eyes, Lewes, with a view of the inlet. http://www.irisheyespub.com/lewes.html

There will be no potluck at this rally. Charity raffle drawing at the fire.

Sunday: Farewell healthy breakfast provided by Cheryl and Jim.

Heartland Gives Back Initiative:

The DE chapter has chosen once again Home of the Brave as it's charity. For additional information on this organization, please see

http://www.home-of-the-brave.org/

As we get closer to the rally date, we will post an updated needs list for them. Proceeds from the themed basket raffle will also go to this organization.

Last edited:

porthole

Retired
Ya didn't like the 9 empty weeks between Lake George and Berlin???

And Am I missing something? I don't see next weeks camp out on the many choices for rally boards

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/28331-Camp-out-get-together

dieselsweetheart

Duane,

Not sure what you mean about the outing for next w/e.... there hasn't been much chatter lately...it's a state park and appropriate sites for Heartland rigs went fast...

AND....you mean why didn't we book our rally in July??? Have you had a blow to the head lately????

Need I remind you....that 103 degree weather and camping in Delaware don't mix?

and besides, Jim and I may have "personal" business during that time. How about a 10th anniversary (yes, 10 LONG YEARS) trip for 2 weeks to Hawaii and a week in California from July to August? Then I have to go back to work.

Summer in Delaware. Camping. 103 degree heat.

'nuff said my brother!

:)

dieselsweetheart

Yes, and it IS the same place as we were at last year.

Now before you all get your guchies in a bunch... please trust me on this.

I'll just throw out a few key words and you can rest easy.

New event manager.
Very eager to please.
What can we do for you to make your rally great?
Fall.
Covered pavilion exclusively Heartland's.
New event manager
Fall
Willing to work with us.
Fall

There ya go! Everyone deserves a second chance, and I am comfortable in saying that 2nd time will be the charm.

;););)

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Cheryl & Jim,

We will be calling the CG this week to make reservations.

Congratulations to you and the First State Chapter for posting a rally date so soon! Job well done!

porthole

Retired
Yes, and it IS the same place as we were at last year.

Now before you all get your guchies in a bunch... please trust me on this.

I'll just throw out a few key words and you can rest easy.

New event manager.
Very eager to please.
What can we do for you to make your rally great?
Fall.
Covered pavilion exclusively Heartland's.
New event manager
Fall
Willing to work with us.
Fall

There ya go! Everyone deserves a second chance, and I am comfortable in saying that 2nd time will be the charm.

;););)

It was just a couple of bumps, really wasn't that bad. Had the weather been a bit cooler........ No thunder phobic pup this year either.

dalspot

We're booked on site # 149 for Friday and Saturday night - for now. We will add one more day on either Thursday or Sunday, not sure at this point.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We are planning on coming. Give me a few days to confirm plans and get a reservation. At least it shouldn't be 103 this year and we'll try to arrive before 9:30 at night this time. (But then we did have a big crowd watching us back into our site last year! - I think most were waiting for me to hit something, sort of like those who watch races to see the wrecks. Sorry it was so boring.)

dieselsweetheart

Great news Karen and Gus....Ya Gus we can watch you back in during the daytime too...doesn't need to be dark outside like it is for Duane...

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Great news Karen and Gus....Ya Gus we can watch you back in during the daytime too...doesn't need to be dark outside like it is for Duane...

Backing 40' for the first time at night onto those narrow gravel sites (at least mine was narrow) off the fairly narrow road, was fun. But fortunately Duane and Don had the area well lit with the carts. I'm going for a pull thru this time!

dieselsweetheart

Give serious thought to booking this week for the rally....with the short notice comes a short time to get your reservations in.....give the CG a call ASAP! Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.