Loud water pump

Rooskie

I've discovered that our water pump is the loudest thing I have ever heard in my life. We have a 2011 Sundance 2900MK. Has anyone else had this issue? I filled the tank completely full and ran it did the same when 1/2 full. Makes no difference. Am I being picky? Any suggestions on a remedy?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Check the mounting for it, it might be loose. Or is it a mechanical sound and not it just vibrating on the floor? I think some folks have put rubber pads under their pumps to quiet them. Ours is barely audible.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Rooski, the fresh water pumps in these rigs do vibrate when running. As John mentioned, the pump might be too tight to the floor mount. They should be mounted in rubber footings but not too tight.
Another factor about the noise is the pex tubing that the water runs through will transfer that vibration to anything they touch. Walls, floors or anything else. The best thing to do is check the mounting of the pump and use 1/2" foam pipe insulation to insulate the pex lines from anything they touch, including two lines touching each other. Have fun with this.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
What Ray said. The sound may not be the pump itself, but the lines vibrating inside the walls or against something.

We decided to replace our pump, even though it worked, with the FlowJet Sensor VSD. It isn't near as loud, but I can still hear it working, because the pipes still vibrate in places I cannot get at, to insulate them.

Rooskie

I understand they are loud; however, this is WAY loud. Our previous SOB was a whisper compared to this. I will try the rubber mounts and insulating. Thanks