ATF: Landmark - Sewerage smell

nickjudy

Everytime we use our fantastic fan in bathroom or kitchen we get a terrible sewerage smell in unit. Brought unit back to dealer they extended vent pipe, but smell still prevails. Any help would be greatly appreciated and yes we do use chemicals and we do rinse out black tanks

hoefler

Check under the bath and kitchen sink when you first turn the fans on. There is a sewer vent valve located in both locations. One of the valves could be bad, there are supposed to be one way valves, let air in, not out.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Do you leave your waste gate valves open when set up? This would cause a venting of the park sewer system through your tanks and vent.
I went up on the roof and removed all the vent covers. They are held on by a screw covered with caulk. Once I had the covers off I used caulk and sealed around all the vent pipes. You might want to consider doing that.

Peace
Dave

GOTTOYS

I leave a small sag in my sewer hose that acts like a trap to keep the gases from the sewer pipe from entering and coming back through my system. I have never used any chemicals. Sometimes they smell worse than the gas. I leave my grey tanks open and dump my black when it gurgles back at me when flushing. I then rinse it with a lot of water. Never leave a fan on when flushing as it will pull the odor right up through the toilet. I always keep a little water in the bottom of the toilet to seal the flush valve. No problems ever..Don