17.5 inch wheel option

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I do not think so. But to be certain, have your dealer check with Heartland.
Some people have converted to larger wheels, so I am sure that you will get some information on that.

Peace
Dave

marvmarcy

Does Heartland offer a 17.5" wheel option on the Landmark line?

I hoped for that when purchasing mine off the dealer lot. The 7k Dexter axles are not compatible with most common 17.5" wheels, but you can get wheels that will fit (expensive). The option I considered was replacing the axles and wheels, but then it would also be prudent to get axles with hydraulic disc brakes. Electric brakes are not the best choice on a heavy trailer pulled with a class 2 or 3 truck. My truck is capable of easily stopping the trailer if the electric brakes fail, but I would like a bigger safety margin in the axles and tires. It still adds up to an expensive modification, so I'm leaving it as is.

lwmcguir

I hoped for that when purchasing mine off the dealer lot. The 7k Dexter axles are not compatible with most common 17.5" wheels, but you can get wheels that will fit (expensive). The option I considered was replacing the axles and wheels, but then it would also be prudent to get axles with hydraulic disc brakes. Electric brakes are not the best choice on a heavy trailer pulled with a class 2 or 3 truck. My truck is capable of easily stopping the trailer if the electric brakes fail, but I would like a bigger safety margin in the axles and tires. It still adds up to an expensive modification, so I'm leaving it as is.
Marv, I used the same 17.5 wheels on my 7K and 8K axles on the Augusta.