freestar tires

C

Chulinw

Go to rv.net and do a search on them. They are China tires and seems to be bad with blow outs. Do some reading and make up your own mind. I would change them out real fast if they are on my RV. JMO.

L&M

Freestar tires

We are purchasing the Big Country 3490 Bunkhouse and it should arrive in less than 2 weeks. Are they still putting these tires on the Big Country? If everyone is having sooo much trouble with these tires why don't they replace them with DECENT tires?? After reading about these tires we WONT be pulling this RV off the dealers lot untell they are replaced. The dealer claims he doesn't know what tires are on it, but said we can work something out. I know we will work something out or we won't be buying it!

L&M

tire

Our Big Country is in, we go tonight for a walk through. Its not freestar tires that are on this unit but tires called Unicorn Tires. I did a google and sounds like NOTHING GOOD!! Of course its another CHINA based manuf. We will insist new tires be placed on this unit if we are to pull it off the lot. If they won't put good tires on then you can keep the Big Country. I think any good dealer will be willing to help out, its just to bad Heartland puts these tires on to start with. Will let you know if were a new Heartland owner or if we remain a Crossroads owner.:confused:

Happy Camping

RugRat

The Freestar tires are the same as the Mission Tires. I blew one of my Mission tires and complained to TireCo and they sent me four new tires which were branded FreeStar, but was basically the same tire as the Mission with the same exact tread pattern.

cmart

I also have the mission tires but I won't be traveling much from now until spring. I will replace them then with probably less than 1500 miles. However thanks to advice from a fellow heartland owner I did purchase some michelins to put on my chevy duramax. Its so nice to look down and see "MADE IN THE USA".

Country

L&M said:
Our Big Country is in, we go tonight for a walk through. Its not freestar tires that are on this unit but tires called Unicorn Tires. I did a google and sounds like NOTHING GOOD!! Of course its another CHINA based manuf. We will insist new tires be placed on this unit if we are to pull it off the lot. If they won't put good tires on then you can keep the Big Country. I think any good dealer will be willing to help out, its just to bad Heartland puts these tires on to start with. Will let you know if were a new Heartland owner or if we remain a Crossroads owner.:confused:

Happy Camping
So what happened? Did the dealer change out the tires for you?

L&M

tires

I'm glad you asked....They was not really willing to give us other tires.:( We went in with all this info my wife had printed offline on similar tires made by the same company. :rolleyes: They claimed the problems were on the 15' tires not the 16'.They offered to take the 1 year old tires off our Crossroad 5er, that we have had NO trouble with, and place them on the Big Country. After thinking hard over night we opted to just leave the CHINA ones on for now, didn't know if it was worth replaceing with used tires or not right now because I'm sure they were China ones also they were called....something King. People had also posted negative comments on those tires as well. We will be watching the tires closely and replacing as soon as needed. We also understand that you will always find someone with negative comments about every kind of tire out there.The dealer was very nice about it and wants us to let him know if we have any problems with them. I ASSURED HIM THAT HE WOULD BE THE FIRST TO KNOW!:D
Boy I have to say, that is a fine looking 5er! We pick it up tomorrow morning.

Country

Thanks for the reply and congrats on your new 5er!

We too are worried about the tires that will come on our Cyclone. I hope to work something out with the dealer when we order.

Have fun with your new camper!

dljcyoung

Got rid of Freestar tires

We picked up a new 08 Big Country in June this year and I took it from the RV dealer 4 miles to Discount Tires and had a set of Michelin XPS RIBS installed. I have had many problems with new camper tires on other 5th wheels and will not take a chance with the Chinese tires. Mainly Carlisle and Duro tires....JUNK!!! I have the old Freestar tires (with only 4 miles on them) at a local tire shop and have lowered the asking price to $150.00 for the set of five (5) and haven't been able to sell them.

jpmorgan37

dljcyoung;
You might try putting them on eBay, somebody will probably buy them for a utility trailer.
John