DVD Troubles - Help....

We also bought a 2008 3912 and had some issues. Nothing big, thank goodness just little things. Our spice rack above the sink wasn't finished and there were gaps left (the dealer just put molding in there and as that wouldn't have been my solution, it works for now), a panel wasn't properly installed in the tall cabinet in the kitchen to the right of the drawers on the island side - the dealer just stapled in a thin sheet of board which I'm hoping will hold up when I put stuff in there. We did have a new genrator timer installed as ours had 24 hrs on it when we picked up our new trailer and that was wrong - they did replace the timer but instead of putting in another digital one it's a regular one so you can hear the ticking (I'm calling the dealer today on that one - would that be their mistake or Heartland's for sending the wrong part?). Also, we bought our trailer almost 2 months ago and at the time they were supposed to have ordered a new dinette table since our edging got all scratched on the diamond plate (hopefully you've all figured out a way to wrap the tables in the other trailers so they don't get ruined) and they still haven't received it. We also are waiting on 2 new entry doors as they had a huge bubble on top of each door, a new kitchen faucet because it leaks and I belive one more thing but those are things we just brought up to our dealer 2 weeks ago when we took it in for service. Our biggest problem though is trying to get our TV to work - the dealer checked the antenna and the TV and left a note saying that we needed to be shown which setting to put it on - well the never showed us. We can't figure out what setting to put it on to just view local TV. The TV works as we've used the DVD player we're just at our wits end with getting local TV. Please help! Thanks.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Fordprincess, can you be a bit more specific as to what type of problem you are having? For normal TV viewing, your TV input must be set to "air" or "TV" for type of input. Your wall switch where your coax is plugged in must be switched on and the little red light glowing. You might have to have your TV do a scan to find available channels. This is done through the TV menu. If these suggestions don't help, you may have problems with coax connections being bad. Your dealer or a knowledgeable friend will have to check it further.

Dirt1st

I had the same difficulty with getting my TV to receive a signal through the antenna. As suggested above, download the manual. I still was not getting a signal, so I took my cell phonoe, sat down in the trailer in front of the TV and called Olivea (spelling?) helpline, and a tech support person walked me through the steps to get the TV set up properly - problem solved. The documentation that came with the TV is inadequate. The downloaded manual is better, but still a little obtuse in describing the setup process. The Tech Support help was great.

gcheimis

FYI... If there is no video on the Olivea, it will not send an audio signal out the auxiliary out to your amp. You may ask, why do I know this?

Well...

If you tried to use the TV input for your I-Pod and then route it through the Clarion amp, you will find that it will not work. The amp only has one aux input so the TV requires this if you want to run it through surround sound. The Olivea will only send audio output if it detects video signal. Therefore the audio only from the I-Pod will not go through. However, if you buy a simple A-B switch at Radio shack you can put it in-line with the audio out from the TV and add a cable on the B side for your I-pod.