Interest in Florida Rally Nov 2 - 4 in conjunction with Good Sams Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader
Guys and Girls;
Good Sams has a national Rally coming up in Nov in Daytona Beach at the Speedway. This is an interest inquiry for folks that would possibly be interested in a fall Rally at the Speedway in conjunction with Good Sams Rally. I will firm up prices for dry and electric only camping tomorrow. Benefits are tremendous number of seminars, great vendors, and entertainment in evening, along with great friends to spend spare time with. Post interest or disinterest.

Mickey

Rodbuster

Hi Mickey,

My social director is still in bed so I can't give you a definite answer. I'll check it out and let you know. I know that I would certainly be interested in the seminars.

My biggest problem would be the traveling distance.... I think it's about 12 miles from my house. Probably have to make it a 2 day trip.

Dick

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Hi Mickey,

My social director is still in bed so I can't give you a definite answer. I'll check it out and let you know. I know that I would certainly be interested in the seminars.

My biggest problem would be the traveling distance.... I think it's about 12 miles from my house. Probably have to make it a 2 day trip.

Dick

ROFLMAO!:rolleyes:

hillsonwheels

I'm thinking we'd be interested if we're back in FL by then. So, if tentative maybes are allowed to be added to your calculations, throw our names in the pot.

MICKEY

Guys;

Thanks guys. If not a formal Rally then it could definetly be a camp out. I went to one a couple of years ago in Louisville and it was a great event. Other than being way too hot, we learned a great deal about RVing at this show. There were so many vendors and seminars. We filled every day with educational events that helped us enjoy our camping experiences.

MICKEY

Dick;
A camp out is a more informal gathering of like minded people, and in our case Heartland Owners. They usually involve eating a few meals together and finding time to get to know each other. They normally are set up at a site(could be a State, Federal, or Private RV park) and everyone makes there own reservation. So far sounds just like a regular Rally. The difference is no formal entertainment, seminars, or meals sponsored by the club. Just more laid back than a Rally. IN THIS CASE it would be in conjunction with the Good Sams National Rally (one of three) where all of the entertainment, seminars are already there. All you have to do is go to them, and believe me they are plenty. The other part is HOC does not give any financial support for a Camp Out. There is no entry fee for the club. However in this case there is a fee for the Good Sams Rally. I keep trying to get time to call while they are open but there are two types of reservations. Dry camping, and electric only. I like the dry camping because of the price (abt $209 with early bird day) but the electric is available but I can't justify price nearly double. Remember; there are seminars non stop,entertainment available at night, and vendors galore the whole time. You will never regret going to this event.

Last edited:

isenpedot

We are very interested. Plan onm going to Good Sams because we have so much to learn and want to get some ideas. We just bought a Cyclone 3800. I ordered a Garmin GPS for truckers that you can program in length and height and it will route you. Seemed like a good way to make sure we don't get caught by low overpasses, wires, etc.
Shelley

stevebotts

We are picking up our new Bighorn 3685 tomorrow in Elkhart. Can't wait. We will be in Florida in Nov. so we would be interested.

MICKEY

Steve;

We really like the 3685 as well. We will be looking forward to seeing yours. As for the GS rally, it really is a good deal for any RVer new or old. Look forward to seeing you there.

MICKEY

Shelly;

I have the Garmin T model(trucker) as well. It's really got a lot of important info in it. Congrats on the 3800. :Looking forward to seeing you there.

MICKEY

Boys and Girls;

Need to make a correction on pricing. I got my info from someone who had just signed up for Daytona GS Rally and posted incorrect price. I just got off phone with GS making my reservation and found we were off on price by a good bit. I hope you aren't upset with me. The real price, if you come in a day early to set up, and get good spot, ready to hit the seminars hard on Friday is $209 with dry camping. It will of course be less if you dont take advantage of early bird day. You can also get day passes if you don't want to stay overnight. What I like about staying onsite is fact of being able to rest in your coach if you get a break in the activities. There will be vendors there you will probably not see anywhere else. I like touching and feeling product before I buy it, to check out quality. There will be people giving seminars who only work GS rallys. There will be coaches on display starting Thursday for early birds. Even though the price is higher than I initially thought, I still signed up because I know the quality of this event. Also at this price you will be able to see some really good talent. The talent has not been released yet for the Nov date but it will be top notch for sure.

jbeletti

This event is a go. Mickey has posted the event thread here.

Closing this thread now. Please continue this discussion over on the event thread (link).

Status
Not open for further replies.