Need feedback on 3 brands of Truck tires

beardedone

Beardedone
I am looking at 3 tire brands for my truck, tell me what you think about these particular ones that have made it to my short list. If you have any one of these brands, would you buy it again? Tire size is 235-80R17 (E) for my 08 Dodge dually. Michelin wants $2400.00 for the LTX, Nitro Dura Grapplers are $1940.00 and the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armour at $1715.00. Thank you for your opinion.

jnbhobe

Re: Comments on these tires

Wow; That seems like a lot of money to me. I just bought Firestone Transforce HT's 265-70-R-18 for $ 215 ea. I know being in Canada they are more money but I would look around. As far as the Michelin LTX , AT2 I'm not that happy with them, in 17K they are 1/2 gone.

MC9

I put the Bridgestone Dura-vis 500 on my truck and the Transforce HT on the 5r last fall. Good so far. However, I would make a run for the border to get it done. Even though they were both made in Canada.

hoefler

Wow; That seems like a lot of money to me. I just bought Firestone Transforce HT's 265-70-R-18 for $ 215 ea. I know being in Canada they are more money but I would look around. As far as the Michelin LTX , AT2 I'm not that happy with them, in 17K they are 1/2 gone.

I just bought 6 Firestone Transforce, 245/75R 17 for my Ram for $1148.00. Mounted and balanced out the door.

TedS

I put the Goodyears on my previous truck. I will put them on my current truck when I need tires.

jnbhobe

I just bought 6 Firestone Transforce, 245/75R 17 for my Ram for $1148.00. Mounted and balanced out the door.

You made a good deal, I have used a lot of Transforce HT's they are a good tire.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

I installed the Firestone Transforce 2 years ago and are wearing like iron. It was somewhere about $600 installed.

DougAndJudy

We got our truck used with BF Goodrich Rugged Trail T/A on it 2 1/2 years ago. We put 40,000 miles on them with out having any problems. We just replaced them with the same model tire last month - 6 for $1200 installed. Hoping for another 40,000 miles...

Birchwood

Firestone Transforce HT on my 07 GMC dually $805 for all 6 installed.They are quiet and wear well and will have new ones installed next year.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I am looking at 3 tire brands for my truck, tell me what you think about these particular ones that have made it to my short list. If you have any one of these brands, would you buy it again? Tire size is 235-80R17 (E) for my 08 Dodge dually. Michelin wants $2400.00 for the LTX, Nitro Dura Grapplers are $1940.00 and the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armour at $1715.00. Thank you for your opinion.
From your list I'd pick the GY Silent Armour's, the GY Wrangler A/T is less cost but still as good as the Armour. The Mich's tread is not aggressive enough for bad weather, the Dura's wear out too fast.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have the Michelin LTX AT2 also and they are great. Aggressive enough tread with low road noise.
I think they run about $220 apiece at Costco. Plus they're American made. Trace

jnbhobe

I have the Michelin LTX AT2 also and they are great. Aggressive enough tread with low road noise.
I think they run about $220 apiece at Costco. Plus they're American made. Trace

Dead cost on a 275/70/18 AT2 is $290 ea around here. They are selling for $330. Too much for my blood and I haven't got very good wear out of them.

rick_debbie_gallant

Discount tire had the best prices in these parts for the Michelin LTX AT2. I paid right around 1200 bucks for them with lifetime repair of flats, rotation, and balancing.
That was for 6 of them. Good luck.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Dead cost on a 275/70/18 AT2 is $290 ea around here. They are selling for $330. Too much for my blood and I haven't got very good wear out of them
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The OP said 235/80/17.

Here they are at Tirerack for $248. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSe...turer=Michelin

I have found Costco & Sam's to be about the same price, although I am having trouble finding them there at the moment.

I have had very good luck with Michelins for years. (knock on wood)

Trace​