ATF: Big Country - Bedroom reading lights

happykraut

I need help repairing one of the reading lights above the headboard. I've had it at the dealer more than once. To this date my wive has never been able to use it. As soon as the light is turned on the bulb blows. I get 13.22 volts at the socket. It is an almost 200 mile round trip to the dealer and would therefore like to fix it myself. The other light works OK and also has 13.22v on the socket. Thank you. Bernie

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Have you tried moving the bulb from the working fixture to the one that blows bulbs? Just to verify that you did not have bad bulbs.
And are you sure that the bulb is blown? Maybe you have a bad switch.
Just a couple of thoughts.

Peace
Dave

happykraut

Dave, the dealer has already replaced the bulb 2 or 3 times. The bad bulb is black and we saw it blow when we turned it on. I ruled out the switch because I have 13.22 volts at the socket.

Sajo

We had a problem with the light going out when adjusting for reading or not turning on at all. Had the entire lamp replaced and all is well. Contact your dealer and see if the will UPS the lamp and you return the bad one if this is warranty. Sweet talk with loads of sugar may work and save some driving....

sajo

happykraut

Sajo, Heartland sent me a couple bulbs several weeks ago and so far so good. I'm thinking I ran into a run of bad bulbs.