Low Profile AC

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
I didn't add this to my initial posting...My barn door is 10 feet high but the north trail is 10'2 inches...I was told that perhaps you could have the MFG replace the original ac with a low profile.
that would lower the total height by 4 inches...thus it would fit into the barn. Does anyone have any knowledge about this? I will call the dealer back in Iowa on Monday, but thought I would
ask online and see if anyone can be of assistance in this area.
THanks...Garry

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I would bet that you could order your rig from the factory with the low profile AC.
This would mean however that you would need to order a 2013.
You mentioned in another post that the 2013 would cost a bit more than a 2012.
If you buy a 2012 model it is most likely one that is already on the dealers lot.
If the dealer says that you cannot order with a low profile AC, call the factory and ask for the North Trail team. They will give you the correct answer.

Peace
Dave

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Dave:
Thanks for the response....I guess on Monday the dealer will let me know...I am not sure how much more the low profile costs, but would be worth not having the tt outside on the ranch....I lost my last TT to a major hail storm two years ago..also took out my 04 Dodge....Garry

ZNK

My guess is it would be cheaper to install a lower profile A/C then raise the barn...

jnbhobe

Dave:
Thanks for the response....I guess on Monday the dealer will let me know...I am not sure how much more the low profile costs, but would be worth not having the tt outside on the ranch....I lost my last TT to a major hail storm two years ago..also took out my 04 Dodge....Garry

Low-pro is about $200 more, but if you only need 2" let some air out of the tires. I do that for winter storage and pull the AC off the roof.