ATF question?

ChopperBill

Jim I think it is a great idea to evaluate the posts before it enters this topic. Can keep questions where they belong. My question: I notice the first twenty posts in the Bighorn ATF only 5 of them were answered by a factory representative. Could be they are out of town or have limited time or just tired of us other folks jumping in there. Will these be moved after a time so that someone with an answer can help our Bighorn buddies? I know I try to wait (sometimes) until a factory member jumps in there but some times my enthusiasm gets ahead of me.(sometimes with not an answer but with an understanding or a me too.) Or maybe a PM to the party would be more appropriate.

jbeletti

Hey CB,

I cannot answer your question as to if/when unanswered questions would get answered. With the size the brand has become, it's getting unrealistic that 100% of the posted questions are going to get a true "factory" response. The good news is that so many of us have learned so much about these units that we ourselves can step in and lend and hand to answer many of the questions. And this happens regularly and that's great.

If time allows, I will go into the ATFs and prune them by moving some of the threads/posts to other relevant forums.

Jim

jimtoo

First Jim, Thank you for a good, well run forum.

Next, I think we are extremely lucky to have a forum where an owner or representative of the company would take time to try and answer questions, or get answers for us. I don't personally know of another forum in the RV world that has the privilege of having one of the owners, or anyone for that matter, trying to solve problems or get answers on a public forum. True we are told a lot to call a phone number a lot of the time, but at least we are given a contact.

I do think that if the individual owner would work with their dealer, they could get most of their problems solved quickly.

The information that is available from individuals on this forum is almost unlimited. True we should not have to do warranty repairs ourselves, but sometimes it is less expensive to do some minor little thing than the cost of fuel to go back and forth to the dealer. I do think that the factory should take a hint and make a change when the same problem is being reported for over a year, be it in design or personnel on assembly line.

Keep up the good work.
Jim

jbeletti

Thanks Jim.

I do feel that on major items that are brought up here by owners, that Heartland does try to work those issues out on the line. Granted, some things they cannot totally rework due to limitations we are not clear on, while other remedies are put in place that perhaps you or I may have handled differently. Remember, Heartland does pay dealers for warranty work so there is some built-in financial incentive for them to remedy issues on a go-forwarding basis.

That all said, sure, some of us would do things differently still. But it's not our company.

Thanks for your feedback Jim as well as your contributions. Have a safe and fun holiday.

Jim