Puzzling

Rodbuster

About 2 weeks ago I tried my back up camera for the first time. I was home so I just backed up my truck to the RV (did not hitch up). The camera and audio worked fine. This camera system is the Camos DW-703W.

The next time that I tried it was yesterday while we were backing into a campsite in Georgia. We could not get it to work. It seems like it was trying to load as the little swirlly globe like image was turning and the word "loading" did appear on the monitor. Then the screen turned black with the words "CHECK TX POWER".
We checked the instruction manual and there is no reference to this message.

This morning, I tried it again while the truck was unhitched from the RV (thats the way it worked when I was home) same message, "CHECK TX POWER".
The instruction manual does not have any phone numbers or web site for technical assistance.

Anybody have any ideas?
Thank you
Dick

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Found this info Dick:

MITO Corporation, Inc.
54905 CR 17
Elkhart, IN 46516 Phone: (574) 295-2441
Toll Free: (888) 433-6486
Fax: (574) 522-5480
Office Hours: Monday through Friday

8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time

Here's some more info:

Monitor displays

"CHECK TX POWER"

Monitor can’t establish Wi-Fi connection with transmitter.

Confirm the monitor and transmitter have matching Wi-Fi serial numbers. They are sold together as a unique pair. The monitor has a [Rx] sticker. The transmitter has a [Tx] sticker.

Transmitter not powered properly.

Red wire = +12V power

Black wire = Ground

Green wire = No used, no connection.

If transmitter has power and feels warm. Re-boot the transmitter. Turn off transmitter power for 10 seconds.

Antennas not connected properly.

Check Transmitter antenna connection.

Antenna must point straight up.

Check Monitor antenna connection.

Antenna must point straight up.

Weak or No Wi-Fi signal strength.

Monitor and transmitter are placed too far apart and are out of Wi-Fi signal range. Reposition transmitter closer to monitor.

<tbody>

</tbody>