2012 300C water pump GPM

Wcarwin

Didn't throw this in the maintenance, not sure if its broke; yet. Just bought the unit about a month ago, took it to Moab UT for three days and the pump never worked like it should, or at least not any where near as well as my 20 year old Shasta sitting out back with a cheap little pump in it. Pump would run for 20-30 seconds before it pressured up. Turn on the faucet in the galley and had good pressure for about 2 seconds, pump would kick on, pressure remained low, turn off faucet, 15 to 30 seconds later pump would rumble the whole unit until it pressures up. Took it back to the dealer, told them to fix it. They played with it all day. Removed the pump, cleared the lines, re purged the system of air and said thats the best it will do and it seems normal to them. Still runs very low pressure, but at least it kicks off after 5-10 seconds. Still rumbles, but I can fix that. So, to all that are actually still reading this long winded storey, how many GPM can you get out of your galley faucet? I ran mine several times. Can only get about 1gal 3oz per minute. Is this the best I can expect? I doubt we can even use the shower at that rate. Anyway, just trying to get an average before I call the factory. Thanks

Cory in CO

Wcarwin

actually just reading the information packet that came with the unit. Says its an Artis PDS1RV2.5. Should have 3.0 GPM free flow, which I'm no where near. Just trying to decide if there are any flow restrictors on any of the faucets. It sounds to me like it's getting air in the intake somehow but the dealer is trying to say that the sounds I hear are normal. I'm a career firefighter and I'm have a pretty good knowledge base on pump theory, friction loss, and how detrimental air in a pump diminishes its capacity. Trying to keep a happy face with them for the time being until I get all the bugs worked out.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
When we first bought our Bighorn our kitchen faucet was restricted. After several attempts, I finally found the main restricting device deep in the guts of the mechanism. I don't know how the different companies, Moen, Price Pfister etc. restrict the flow but the fixtures used by Heartland are the most difficult I've run into. I'll attach a couple pics of the disassembled unit so you can see what I mean.
The device that restricts the flow is that little rubber flapper thing. It's located in the top of the supply tube in the main head of the fixture. I cut the lower part of the flapper thing off because the top part acts as a seal and it needs to be kept in place.

Attachments

• 100_0472..JPG
    100_0472..JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 100_0473..JPG
    100_0473..JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 21

Wcarwin

Thanks, i will look into that. I actually looked the faucet the other day to see if the nozzle had flow rate on it but found nothing. Last night I decideded to see if I could find an air leak on the suction side so I removed all the fittings from the back of the manifold and plumbed the intake line from the pump directly to the fresh water tank using a threaded nipple. Problem solved. Its still noisy as heck at the lower RPM's but it turns off within seconds of turning off the faucet. So, I believe the problem to be the internals of the manifold not sealing as they should. Dealer stated it was as good as it was going to get so I've sent an email to Heartland to see if I can resolve it without a battle at the dealer. Anyway, thanks for the input, we will see how it goes.