Heard through the grapvine there is a camp out in Virginia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Someone tell me more. I have a few more vacation days burning a hole in my pocket.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
There are some plans (non-Virginia Chapter sponsored) for Cincoteague Island during the running of the ponies (I think that's correct). Drop a PM to "cjhicks" for information.

<colgroup><col style="width: 48pt;" width="64">
<tbody>

</tbody>

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Duane I copied this off Judy's facebook page for you. She and Calvin are putting this together.

[h=6]Judy Underwood Hicks
[/h][h=6]Camp Out,July 19-23. @ Tall Pines Harbor,Temperanceville,Va,clos<wbr>e to Chincoteague,Va wet-n-wild weekend/Bayrunner raft race. Check out web site. I have only 10Sites reserved so if you are interested book asap : so far Johnnie Turner,Deb & John Bylinski, Calvin and Judy
FYI This week of pony swim @ Chincoteague[/h]

cjhicks

Sorry Duane, We just got home from Hilton Head and we were trying to put this together as we were coming up Rt. 95. We will put the info up in a couple of hours.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I discussed this with Jim B earlier today and we will attempt to institute a way for non-leadership club members to post their activities on the forum. At this point, only leadership personnel are permitted to use the event generator. Recently, we found that simply creating a thread in the "Where Are You Now" forum does not ensure that you will remember it. There are so many individual methods of surfing the forum as some only read the posts, some see the events portal as the sole information source........ I personally think you need a mixture of both. The Northeast has a Facebook Heartland Group and we use it as a secondary means of communicating and clowning around!

As a bit of clarification with this campout, an individual club member asked if they could plan a get together. They have no official capacity and are not able to create an event on the portal. We love to hear that our members want to get together and plan these weekends on their own and we encourage all of you to do so. At this point we would ask that you bear with us until the permission to create an event is granted and a thread created by Calvin and Judy.

I want to give a huge thanks to Calvin & Judy (cjhicks) for stepping up and wanting to bring some of their friends together. Please take this as another special opportunity to get together with friends and not a debate about who uses what social media.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Sorry Duane, We just got home from Hilton Head and we were trying to put this together as we were coming up Rt. 95. We will put the info up in a couple of hours.

If you have trouble entering an event, it may be limited to Chapter Leaders, let me know and I can put it in. I'll just need all the information.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Thanks for your offer to help Gus! JB is on it and they should have permission soon. Love the TEAM!

porthole

Retired
Seems lot an awful lot of things to do for something so simple.
This is generic, but if I wanted to do a camp out, all that should be needed is to contact the state leader or in their absence the region leader and say hey - we are doing this and this is what we got, add it to the camp out portal.

I only go on one RV forum and this is it.

No RV.net, and no facebook, no myspace , no twitter - no linkedin either since I'm on a roll.

dieselsweetheart

Debbie's on Facebook...she can keep you posted....

Here's my 2 cents worth about campouts. Since they really aren't Heartland sanctioned outings, I'm not sure where they should officially go. Should they go under their own special "social, non-Heartland" events? I think when we first talked about having campouts, we were telling people "hey, we're camping here this w/e if you are interested in coming out." Now it seems they are going to get as big as a rally....which is nice, but how to separate them out from the rallies for those who prefer to go to only rallies because of schedules...

Yes this is something new that needs to be thought out....

stitcher

I really have to ask why it matters if they are "sanctioned" or not. Isn't it just some of us wanting to enjoy each others company. Much the same as a big block party, come on over, have some good food, some laughs and relax. Geee guys, why so serious.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Geee guys, why so serious.

Sticher, when situations like this occur it actually allows for betterment of the system and the club. Sometimes we are serious, but only when it's necessary! Join the club, and come on out to a rally near you this year!

Duane, I'll see you in DE and we can chat about your ideas.

porthole

Retired
Duane, I'll see you in DE and we can chat about your ideas.

I don't have any ideas, just that I, like many, only use one social network for RV'ing.
And there is already a section for camp-out listings which still doesn't have this weekends camp-out.

jbeletti

I really have to ask why it matters if they are "sanctioned" or not. Isn't it just some of us wanting to enjoy each others company. Much the same as a big block party, come on over, have some good food, some laughs and relax. Geee guys, why so serious.

Hi Stitcher,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your first forum post. Love it!

You are absolutely right - at anytime, Heartlanders wanting to get together and camp is always a good thing and needs not be formalized. Or even advertised for that matter.

If however, one of the camping participants wishes to include others by publicly announcing it on this forum, they are more than welcome to do so. This can be done simply by creating one's own thread on the forum. This can be done in the sub-forum of the Chapter area in which the camping will occur or it can be done in the "Where are you now, Camping Plans..." sub-forum.

And finally, if one of the camping participants wished to have their camp-out appear in the events listing, then there is a process for that. The listing is automatically created when the owner of the event (camp-out in this example) uses what we refer to as the "event generator" tool. This tool was originally developed for Chapter Leaders to post their rallies. Later, we found we could use the tool for all sorts of events. For now, the tool is still only available to club leadership. That said, no one should let that be a deterrent to gathering together to camp.

For the time being, anyone Heartland product owner who wishes to have their camp-out appear on the Events listing, please request access to the tool via your Chapter Leader or email directly by clicking on my forum username to the top left of this post and provisional access will be granted.

Thanks everyone for the spirited conversation. Stitcher, I am not singling you out at all, just using your post as a catalyst to jump in here :) As Deb mentioned, we're making this up as we go.

jbeletti

The VA camp-out is now on the forum and appears on the event list.

Closing this thread now.

Let's continue the discussion about this camp-out on its own thread here (link).

Status
Not open for further replies.