Ordering tire upgrade on 3400RL

r4man2

Wife and I placed an order for a 3400RL last Friday thru RV Direct Wholesalers. Sure liked the price and we have folks to visit in MI in Oct/Nov. We asked factory to switch "e" tires for "G" tires and we told they could only do this IF they upgraded the axles as well. I couldn't see anything wrong with that so told them to go ahead. Now I'm wondering if that was the right thing or not.

Could I be asking for trouble by getting the 7000 lbs axles? Is there a downside? Sure would like to avoid joining the 'china club'.

We are really excited about getting the order in as it means that retirement is just around the corner.

5catfam

I had them upgrade my tires to G from E on my 3055 this spring. When I held the check in front of them and said it was a deal breaker. I got 5 new G tires. No extra charge.

vangoes

I was considering going to "G" tires also..............why do I need to consider the axle rating?

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
We received our 3400RL this spring and had ordered 7000LB axles with upgraded tires . I am not sorry no problems yet but it is early. Raised the gvw to 14600Lbs. Let me know what your upgrades weight is
Good Luck
Wayne

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I wish I knew that was an option when we ordered our 3400 last year. It was never mentioned. I would have jumped on that option for sure. A definite plus.

ct0218

I would assume the reason for the axle upgrade when you upgrade the tires and wheels would be so that someone would not just look at the higher tire rating and assume that the axles would take the load also. Liability considerations most likely.

GypsyBill

and Jennifer
r4man2 said:
Wife and I placed an order for a 3400RL last Friday thru RV Direct Wholesalers. Sure liked the price and we have folks to visit in MI in Oct/Nov..........

Overall how was it dealing with RV Direct Wholesalers? From their website the prices do look tempting..

Thanks

Bill