Heartland RV’s Brian Brady Will Retire on May 1, 2012

jbeletti

Heartland Recreational Vehicles LLC President Brian Brady informed employees today (April 25) that he will be retiring from the Elkhart, Ind.-based RV manufacturer, effective May 1.

Brady, along with a group of industry veterans that included Tim Hoffman, Jack Culbertson and John Rhymer, launched Heartland in November 2003.

Brady told employees that during the past year all of the original investors had left Heartland and that “after considerable thought and reflection, I have elected to leave, too.”

Prior to taking the helm at Heartland, Brady made a name for himself in the industry as an executive with Coachmen Industries Inc., Holiday Rambler Corp. and as president and CEO of Damon Corp. – all based in Elkhart County, Ind.
With the launch of Heartland, Brady charged management with placing the towable builder on a rapid growth cycle, as the company entered the market with its Landmark luxury fifth-wheel.

Today, Heartland builds and markets brands across the towable spectrum – from stick-and-tin entry-level travel trailers to high-end, all-season fifth-wheels. At the end of last year, Heartland’s work force had grown to 1,200 while facilities at its Elkhart campus included seven production lines and four support and sub-assembly facilities encompassing 810,000 square feet of manufacturing space.

Heartland’s growth has been marked by two key business moves. In February of 2007, Catterton Partners made a significant equity investment in Heartland. Then in September 2010, Thor Industries Inc. purchased a controlling interest in Heartland for $200 million.

In an interview last November, Brady said the Thor acquisition had proven to be “a true win-win” for both companies.” We have done exactly what we intended to do – and that was to best position Heartland for continued success,” he said. “In a competitive environment, Heartland continues to win. The mission for Heartland remains to provide our dealers the highest possible return on their investment, and that mission will continue to drive this company going forward.”

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Brian is truly a great guy and we thank him for this wonderful moment in Goshen, 2011. Happy Retirement from the Northeast Region!

Attachments

• Brian Brady.jpg
    Brian Brady.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 50

ihsolutions

Sorry to hear this. I was impressed with him at the Goshen 2011 rally. He gave a great speech (for someone who said he hated public speaking).

I think a great many of us owe him a thank-you for the free "bug catchers" he offered everyone at the rally :)

jnbhobe

Sorry to hear this too, But I wish Brian the best retirement. Hopefully Heartland will remain the great customer friendly it always has been under its new leadership. Next is who will be his replacement ??

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We thoroughly enjoyed meeting Brian last year at the North American Heartland Owner Rally. Best of luck in his retirement.

jbeletti

...Hopefully Heartland will remain the great customer friendly it always has been under its new leadership. Next is who will be his replacement ??

Jon,

I have no doubt that Heartland will continue to reach for the stars in all aspects of the business, including our customer focus.

I think we'll see a new president named in the next 60 days or so.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
From what I have learned during my two year association with Heartland and the Heartland Owners Club, Brian Brady is the heart in Heartland and the soul of the organization. We will miss him and just hope the Heartland group carries on the tradition that he has led. Maybe in retirement, he should become the Ambassador Emeritus for Heartland. I for one would love to have him visit our chapter rallies. Best of luck in retirement, Brian.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Well said Hogan!

Brian Brady, Thanks for your part in making Heartland what it is today. You'll be missed. Have a great retirement.

mnkamper

Founding MN Chapter Leader-retired
We agree with the words that Hoganc put so well! We were impressed with Brian at Goshen in 2011!

Way to go Brian!

porthole

Retired
Good for Brian and I hope he enjoys retirement.
Although, I think he is a bit young to give up work and we will most likely see him somewhere around the RV world soon.

I do think I would have left this comment out in my speech;

during the past year all of the original investors had left Heartland and that “after considerable thought and reflection, I have elected to leave, too.”

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Good for Brian and I hope he enjoys retirement.
Although, I think he is a bit young to give up work and we will most likely see him somewhere around the RV world soon.

I do think I would have left this comment out in my speech;

That comment does make me wonder. We can only hope the decision to retire was his based on his personal plans and not something "suggested" by thems with the controlling interest to tighten their grip.

jbeletti

My take on Brian's wording is that it takes a specific mind-set to do a start-up and make it successful. Then, it takes a whole new breed of folks to keep hold of that success and build upon it. There's a lot of young guns in key positions at Heartland and it's my belief that these folks have what it takes, to take the reins at Heartland and lead us to the next level.

Again, this is just my take on things. Been wrong before. But I am an optimist :)

Jim

jbeletti

Same thoughts, jumping ship???

My sense of this is that the founders of Heartland RVs achieved immense success and wealth with their venture. And for some, perhaps the real thrill was in the journey. If many of us were in their shoes, we too may take the opportunity to leave the table with our stack of chips, take a nice long break and for those young enough to want or do so, begin a new journey.

I know this is what I would do.

Jim