Roof Ladder for NT 21FBS

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
My new NT 21FBS does not come with a roof ladder nor is it an option. I was reading that light wt trailers do not have the internal structure to support a roof ladder...is this true of this unit???
The dealer I am picking it up from offered to put one on for $140...does anyone know if this would void any portion of my warranty????
I am picking up the unit on May 2....any help would be greatly appreciated..

Garry

CliffP

Congratulations on your new North Trail! Not sure why North Trail doesn't offer a roof ladder but they do install backing studs so there is a place to mount it. I'm not sure about the warranty but I don't think having a ladder installed will void the warranty. We had our dealer install a ladder for us and $140 sounds like a fair price. Have to have some work done so heading to dealer tomorrow. Will ask them about warranty and let you know.

Doublegranch

Cliff: Thank you, I appreciate your help....don't want to install it an find out if I have an exterior problem that it won't be covered due to drilling holes in the skin etc...

TimDyck

A simular question is on another thread...
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/5030-ladder-location-for-21FBS

CliffP

Got running behind today and was too rushed but talking with our dealer tomorrow and will remember to ask.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Give HL service a call and ask them. Straight from the horses mouth....as it were. They will ask you for the VIN# so have it handy.

Doublegranch

Thanks I did that yesterday, they connected me to someones voice mail that did not give the option of leaving a message...I could not understand his email address so just emailed the
C/S division of Heartland...have not had a reply yet. I did see the other thread on this subject and it appears a representative wrote that the 21 FBS is stressed for it...I am not sure why no option for a ladder on any North Trail series. The only real open question is whether it will have any affect on warranty issues by drilling into the exterior skin of the trailer for the ladder...most companies will find any reason to deny a claim so I don't want to take the chance.
Garry