Waiting to pick up our 2013 Cyclone 3010

Porkchop

And its killing me!

It was supposed to be finished early next week (with the pick up on Thursday or Friday, May 2-3) since the original build date was supposed to be April 23, but I found out there is a generator shortage. Heartland (Mike) has been great with trying to see what the status is for my new rig but I'm very nervous that it won't be built in time (and I have a sinking feeling that it won't be)... I had to beg off work and I was planning on fly out there with my 1 year old son while Hubby drives out there, but now the build date is... unknown.

I'm just sad that I might not be able to do the pick up since this whole purchase has been my project.

Anyway, I just had to share that I'm happy to be joining the ranks soon but I am just anxious to hopefully pick it up very soon.

Irene

vakthund

Hang in there Porkchop, I'm in the same boat. Mine is suppose to depart Elkhart today but because of the delay I will not be able to get it from the dealer for another three weeks.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Easy for me to say as we have our rig...but when AnaLyn and I think back about the entire purchase event from researching brands to taking delivery, the anticipation was part of that adventure. I can truthfully say now that it added to the experience.

Best Wishes and enjoy that new rig when it arrives!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I hope you get your new coach in a timely manner. JMHO, I think that the fuel prices are causing havic all over the country.

Porkchop

Thanks everyone!

I keep dreaming out having it. We don't really 'need' it until mid may and we are picking it up very close to the factory.

Good news is we installed the pullrite 18k superglide!

Hubby said it was very easy to install. They only had to drill in the bed. The Supergilde rails used existing holes in the frame. My husband said the hardest part was doing the math correctly when measuring and finding the tool to lower the spare in the truck. It took them 1/2 hour to find it.

I'll try to figure out how to post pictures of the 5th Wheel when I get op a normal computer. Not my phone.

Thanks for the support!
Irene

Porkchop

Slowly but surely! I also got a bunch of 'needed' items for the RV, like the surge protector, chocks etc.

Here is a picture of the hitch installed. It went very smoothly.

Quick question though, how to you keep the hitch from moving around freely when driving without anything hitched? It kept moving around on the drive home. I tried to figure it out by reading the manual, but it didn't say anything.

Thanks!
Irene

IMAG0640.jpg

jnbhobe

You can tighten up the centering block or put a strap on it. Some times the strap works better but is a PITA. to hook and unhook.

porthole

Retired
Tighten the bolts up until it takes a bit of effort to move it.

So, did you order the adapter plate for the pin box?
what pin box are you getting on the trailer?

And is your model the style that does not require the rails to be lubed?

Porkchop

I got the new one, so only need to spray wd-40 on it when its being used. Dh will tighten the bolts before we drive the truck again.

The capture plate is for the standard pin box. I didn't upgrade the pinbox (kinda not sure if that's a good idea, but it might be too late to change it). We will have to figure out how to install the capture plate when we pick up the Cyclone.

The dealer might give us a 'starter kit' so I didn't get a sewage line or water line, or the city water regulator thing. Do you think I need to buy it and what do you suggest?

Thanks!

Porkchop

Update:

I got a call from Mike at heartland with fantastic news!

It's ready to be picked up by the dealer and we should have it on Thursday or Friday for the pdi.

I'm excited yet so nervous.

Thanks everyone for the support and thanks to heartland for doing a wonderful job!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you are going to get a water hose and regulator, I would spend a couple of extra bucks and get something from The RV Water Filter Store.
Have fun with your new rig.

Peace
Dave

ihsolutions

The capture plate for your pinbox (which I'm assuming is the standard Lippert 1621HD) is easy to install. It just slips over the bottom of the pinbox, with a locking nut and threaded alan bolt to keep enough pressure so that the plate doesn't fall off.

Now the hard part is trimming part of the ABS hitch cover to allow the plate to seat fully on the pinbox. I bought my rig from RVCW in Elkhart, and took a bunch of tools down with me for my PDI. I didn't really bring anything to cut away part of the pinbox cover, though. So I had to borrow a utility knife from the dealer and hack away at it for an hour or so. Not fun!!

I recommend you take a dremel, if you have one, so that you can do a cleaner and easier modification of this cover than I did. The only alternative is removing the cover completely, but I don't suggest this because I've seen units where the filon underneath is cut away far enough to allow water intrusion near the pinbox area.

Porkchop

Thanks for the tips!

The newer Pullrite Superglides use new system and you only need to use WD 40 to lubricate. I think anything after 2009 uses this new system. The instruction manual says must use WD 40 everytime and liberally. That is so much easier than the older models.

Here's the new PDF: http://www.pullrite.com/pdfs/4100_4400_SG_OM.pdf

Porkchop

Cookie,

What should I get at the RV water filter store?

Which filter do you prefer? And which regulator should I use?

Thanks!
Irene

porthole

Retired
I don't see how using something that attracts dirt is an improvement over a lubricant that is dry (Slip Plate) and does not attract dirt - progress I guess.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Cookie,

What should I get at the RV water filter store?

Which filter do you prefer? And which regulator should I use?

Thanks!
Irene

Well if you have a lot of $$$ then get one or two of everything.
I think they have some great water hoses. I have one each, 25', 15', 5' and 3'. The short ones I use one from the softener to the UDC and the 3 footer from the filter to the softener.
I have the Watts 263 adjustable regulator. I keep it set at 55psi when the park can provide that much water pressure.
I use the standard canister filters that can be purchased at a store like Lowe's or Home Depot.
For the ice maker I have a GE taste and sediment filter in line also from Home Depot.
This is what I use. Others will be using something else and have other opinions. I think most will agree with the adjustable pressure regulator.
Get what you feel is right for you.

Peace
Dave

Porkchop

Thanks Dave.

I don't have a lot of $$$. Spent it all on the RV and the TV and the hitch! LOL

Anyway, I'll pick up a few more things. I didn't think about the regulator or the water filtration system. We will mostly be on pavement (with bathrooms and showers near by). BUT I"m sure we will need the items you mentioned.

ONE MORE DAY! We are driving all day on thursday to pick it up.

Duane, I'll call pullrite and see if I can use the graphite spray, but the instruction manual said just WD 40...

Thanks again!
Irene