Just purchased 300c

Glider

We are new owners of a 2013 300c. I wish the factory would have installed a light switch inside the door for easy access. The switch as you know is behind the glass door which opens the wrong direction for easy access. Would be nice to have the large switch like the one that is on the slide.

TXTiger

Congrats. I am on my way to the dealer to look at a new 300 this morning. Hope to make the purchase within the next month. Would love to know what you paid. Send me a pm.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Our switch was inside the mirror cabinet door also. I relocated it up about 8" outside of the closet, the wires reached easily.

Attachments

• IMG_1277.JPG
    IMG_1277.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 91

sJv

Congrats on the 300C! We love ours! I've found the under cabinet light near the sink to be easier to reach when entering the trailer. At least the cabinet controls are next to the door. Some of the floorplans have this panel a few steps inside the trailer.

I am surprised there isn't a light on the stairs like we had on our Sundance.

TwoToes - you should be able to get around 30% off MSRP plus shipping. I would get quotes from the midwest high volume dealers, including shipping. I found Lakeshore RV to have the lowest price when I bought last Nov. I was able to get a local dealer to match Lakeshore's price, but the market was dead then. Now is not the best time to buy as it's the busiest time of the year and dealers are less likely to deal.

-steve

DW_Gray

Congratulations on the purchase of your new 300C. I hope to see you at a rally sometime.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
We are new owners of a 2013 300c. I wish the factory would have installed a light switch inside the door for easy access. The switch as you know is behind the glass door which opens the wrong direction for easy access. Would be nice to have the large switch like the one that is on the slide.

Glider,

I agree with you - in my SOB ( a very basic unit) there were no switches - just the lights. This would make for a great improvement in design... or post purchase a great Mod.

Congratulations on your new Rig and Welcome to the Heartland Family...

Kevin

Kuhlkent

Just picked up our 300C yesterday. By the time we got it home after the walk through, it was dark and when we went to show our neighbors, I had to borrow a flashlight to see the panel for lights. We had an old class A before that leaked and looked like something Jed Clampett would drive just to see if we liked it. Obviously, we did. First time ever pulling anything. Never had a TT so it took some getting used to. Pulling it with a 1997 Ford F350 turbo diesel super dualy on a Gooseneck. So far so good but that is one big SOB! Parked outside and we live in a cul du sac and I am sure some of our neighbors are not happy right now. Anxious to load it all up with our stuff and get our garage back. Any input would be appreciated.

jimtoo

Hi Kuhlkent,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will enjoy your new toy. Load it up go and have a great time camping.

Please think of joining the Heartland Owners Club and attending rallies and making lots of Heartland friends.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

danemayer

Pulling it with a 1997 Ford F350 turbo diesel super dualy on a Gooseneck.

Kuhlkent, there have been some recent threads about goosenecks. Suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 to discuss whether you need to change to a 5th wheel hitch.

CrazyCooter

Kuhlkent, there have been some recent threads about goosenecks. Suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 to discuss whether you need to change to a 5th wheel hitch.

X2! Unless you are using the new Reese Goosebox adapter, I can't imagine the flexing going on in the box area with that extended pin with a ranch hand gooseneck bolted to it.....