"UnOfficial" June campout near Charlotte NC

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
A few of us are planning an, "unofficial", Heartland or anyone who wants to join in, mid June camping trip the weekend of the 22nd.

The CG is a beautiful county park in Union county NC, near Waxhaw/Charlotte.

Beautiful lake, beach, swimming, boat rentals and hiking/biking trails......a GREAT park!!

Here is the website:

Cane Creek Park

Full hookup sites are limited, but plenty of spacious W/E sites with 50amp are available.

Here are some pics from a couple visits:

IMG_1156.jpgIMG_1165.jpgIMG_1160.jpgIMG_1230.jpgIMG_1243.jpgIMG_1255.jpg

Lance & Kem Duguay (lduguay) site 59
Kim & Teresa Pannell (Pannell) site 61
Terry & Renee Deal (trdeal) site 43
Larry & Sam Banstra (Southernnights) site 45

Last edited:

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
What a great place. Wish we could come but that's the weekend of the Good Sam's Rally in Louisville, KY. We are working with RVS for Less who will have some coaches there for demos.

trdeal

Hey Lance, We would love to be there, but not sure if we will be able to camp. We may just come down for a visit on Saturday. Hope you have a huge turnout. You won't drop a rock on us if we come visit will you?

lduguay

I DO solemnly promise (fingers crossed) that No Rocks, Missiles or other objects will fall on any person, pet or RV for that weekend.......REALLY!!!!!!:rolleyes:

We will miss you Nathan & Byrd, but the Good Sam rally IS an "official" event and we are def "UNofficial"....have fun!!

Terry, COME ON DOWN for dinner.....I realize you guys are prepping for your BIG summer trip that week, but would love to see you guys!

trdeal

Lance I don't even for a minute believe that one of those rocks or missiles won't find us but we are going to take a chance and reserved site 43 this afternoon.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk 2

lduguay

Lance I don't even for a minute believe that one of those rocks or missiles won't find us but we are going to take a chance and reserved site 43 this afternoon.

Awww come on now........I'll do my best to be good!!!!!
Pinocchio-Wallpaper-pinocchio-6615991-1024-768.jpgREEEALLLY!!!!

Hey, even Larry and Sam are coming now!!! (he said, "against my better judgement")

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
No far - never get to see L/S (and their new coach).

Lance - ya still haven't given me lessons on those cool graphics??!!

lduguay

Well, it looks like Larry and Sam got the last full hook up site. The park still has plenty of W/E sites, but don't wait to long to book........they fill up quick!! They do have a decent dump station. PM me for a list of our favorite W/E sites. I do have Barker 30 gal portable gray water hauler for folks that use lots of gray water.......however it IS a NON sewer trout tank!:rolleyes:

Nathan & Byrd, come on down for a tour of the southernnights new LM......it is a beauty! It did survive that missile strike in HH and you might even get a special effects class :cool: