High gloss gel coat exterior option

chardel

What is the biggest value of this option and how much would weight would it add to a 3055 rl unit?

jbeletti

chardel,

According to a quote by the factory in this post, the gelcoat added about 215 pounds.

I see several new ATF posts by you today. Please make good use of the search tool in your endeavor to seek your answers.

As for benefits of the gelcoat option, I believe the primary benefits to be:
- A smoother appearance. No fibers are visible
- Ease of cleaning and this one is debatable

It's a nice feature but it is not always a "must have" for people. If your budget is tight, this may be a pass for you. I have it on mine and enjoy the ease of caring for it but I doubt the non-gelcoat is much harder to clean

Best of luck to you on your research,

Jim

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
It adds 215lbs to the weight, more protection to the fiberglass filaments, looks nicer, high gloss shine,smooth finish, easier to keep clean and wax. Well worth the added weight and cost and probably resale value. Good Luck. ---Ken

ChopperBill

I might add if you have an "oops!" The repair is almost imposable to detect on gel coat. Don't see how that would be possible on Filon.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We didn't get this option and after seeing the Bighorn in gel coat I wish we would have gotten it. Much classier looking.

Tom of Ypsi

I can attest to the "OOPS" factor. Had a small "OOPS" fixed at RSI after the rally and cannot see any difference.