SOLVED: No video on GT-2.0

outkatn

Hello All,

Just joined the family as a new Heartland Big Country owner. We picked it up last week. I have been an RVer for almost 10 years now and this new rig is everything I could ask for. We love it. I am more of a reader of the forums but I will post something from time to time.

Now, to my problem.

I was playing a DVD for the first time ( a dvd +r copy) and it was like looking through a screen to view it. The sound was fine. I went through the setup options and must have changed something that caused the video to go out completely. Now all I have is sound, no video at all. I can't even see the setup screen to look at the settings. I tried the reset to factory defaults by holding the mode button down several times with no luck at all. Any help would be greatly welcomed as I am usually pretty good with hooking up audio/video components.

Thank you for sharing all of your knowledge through this forum and I'm sure I will spend endless hours learning from you guys.

Jeff

Speedy

Re: No video

Is the TV working fine on ant or cable? Need to isolate if its the TV or the DVD audio system. Had similar problem with closed captions and finely figured it out.

outkatn

I sent Concertone an email and received a response with a bin file to upgrade the software on the Genesis GT 2.0. I had actually changed a video setting that caused me to lose the video all together. After following their instructions, I was back to the beginning, it was like watching a movie in black and white through a screen door. But finally, I went through the settings on the TV and figured out how to change the input from composit to video. My problem is solved.

jimtoo

HI outkatn,

Happy to hear it was just a programing problem and all is well now. Hope you remember how to solve the problem because most likely someone else will need help also. That's what the forum is about, helping one another and making friends.

Enjoy the forum and your Big Country.

Jim M

trekker

Outkatn, the same thing happened to me. When I first tried to use the system, I could only see the DVD in black and white and grainy. Then I follwed the advice of the Genesis contact and no matter what setting it was on, it was black and white. Then I started trying other settings and totally lost the video. I could listen to the DVD but not see it. I couldn't even bring up the setup menu anymore. I've resigned myself to viewing my DVD's on my laptop since I can't seem to get the Genesis 2.0 working. Do you have any suggestions based on what you learned?

BobFields

Ok Judy, I see you sent me an email at 1051pm last night. Hopefully you dont think I am not responding fast enough...

As you can see from Outkatn's response, we sent him a file with instructions for resetting. I will send that too you separately.

Last edited:

Stingerk

Bob fields could you send me resetting instructions as well. I switch the video setup from s video to interface ( like the instructions manual for system setup shows) and now can't get the genesis menu up on my tv to change it back...

Thanks, Katie

Tombstonejim

I have the same probalem. Why can't someone just post the solution so we all don't have to play games to get it.

BOB,

I accidently st my genesis 2 system to pal instead of auto. Now I cant see any video but do get sound. How do I get it back to NTSC or auto without any picture?

BobFields

The reset file absolutely works (as evidenced below). This is by far the easiest way to reset.

FYI - all newer units will not allow someone to change options to features that are not available. thereby preventing this issue (and the software update also takes away the features too).

No one should ever need to change the video settings!

BobFields

Hey folks,

I would request that you ask questions of me either here or by email directly. PLEASE do not duplicate your questions using both mediums as I receive updates from this site by email as well! Asking in both places will not get an answer from me any quicker as my response time is based on my schedule.

Sometimes I can respond quickly and other times it might be a day or two. Many can tell of receiving responses from me nights and weekends while last week I had an intensive travel schedule and my availability was limited.

Posting here helps in case a fellow member has had the same issue and you may get an answer sooner. When that happens I am grateful!

Thanks for helping me help you!
Bob

Last edited: