Weird Wall Paper Issue-300c

71stang99

I just pulled my 300c out of storage after it had been sitting for the last 10 months, the condition overall from what I could tell was very good except for the bath room wall paper as noted in the picture. Not sure what is causing or caused it but its like an oily residue with an odd seet smell. Its strong enought to take the color off of the wall paper. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• Wall.jpg
    Wall.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 116

CliffP

Looks like something ran off the countertop and down the wall. Is there a sink in that countertop? Could rv antifreeze have gotten spilled when winterizing and peeled up the paper?

71stang99

Looks like something ran off the countertop and down the wall. Is there a sink in that countertop? Could rv antifreeze have gotten spilled when winterizing and peeled up the paper?

Its actually like it dripped underneath the sink . I didnt winterize the trailer prior to putting it into storage and I only stayed in it a few days prior to storing it. Nothing was on the counter top either so I dont know what it could be.

CliffP

Hard to tell in the picture but that is the wall paper bubbled up not something on it, right?

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I tend to agree with CliffP's response,..... looks like my daughter spilled her nail polish remover but says she did not! It looks like a easy fix.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
You could send to HL, ask if this is a warranty issue. Maybe some solvent used to clean up the countertop install? They also may be able to sell you a section of wallpaper to replace that area.

E

71stang99

Figured out what it was but still not sure how it happened. As it sat for 10 months i had a foaming hand soap dispenser. Noticed today the bottom of it was melting and it was plastic. Pulled the bottle from the base and there was a pool of liquid that was melting the base and from the looks of it it seeped over to that corner because the trailer was tilted and caused the issue. Still dont know what caused the liquid in the soap base but thats where is came from. Thanks for the help.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Figured out what it was but still not sure how it happened. As it sat for 10 months i had a foaming hand soap dispenser. Noticed today the bottom of it was melting and it was plastic. Pulled the bottle from the base and there was a pool of liquid that was melting the base and from the looks of it it seeped over to that corner because the trailer was tilted and caused the issue. Still dont know what caused the liquid in the soap base but thats where is came from. Thanks for the help.
Sooo.....the burning question is; is what we see in the picture, a streak of dried up soap residue or was the wall actually damaged?

Peace
Dave

71stang99

It looks like the wall was not damaged but the wall paper bubbled. Very strange why this would first seep from the dizpebzer into the base and then drain to the corner where it ran down the wall and bubbled the wall paper.