whats with these bedroom curtains?

zurn

We got our Bighorn a year ago and I have been trying to figure out what possessd the decorators to outfit my bedroom cutains using brown flannel type matrial for curtains! Okay so I don"t change things quickly but I finally called in my curtain making friend and on the drawing board with material bought beautiful teal striped silk with a narrow cornice board are being made. They match the teal and olive border print perfectly. Now I suppose I will start looking at all the other windows--

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You are doing a good thing. Making your rig your own. Many people have changed their decor to suit their taste.
Your profile states that your rig is a 2007 and that you have had it for a year. Do you suppose that the previous owner did some decorating?

Peace
Dave

zurn

believe it or not Dave this unit was never sold-it was moved from one dealer to the next we figured it got caught in the economic crisis and sat there waiting for us to find it! My husband is a engineer so you know he went over it with a fine tooth comb-alittle minor tweaking and it was perfect!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
John/Carol - when you get the new mods installed, can you add pictures? What a great idea!

RanCarr

To add some color to our 28BRS I plan to buy some colorful material and make my own. I've looked in the stores and can't find the sizes I need for the kitchen and dining area and the window behind the sofa. I use pressure rods in the window "box" so they don't have to be removed. :)

Joy & Jeff

Past Missouri Chapter Leaders
My husband fishes bass tournaments and we've stated in some bizarre places. I like it pitch dark to sleep so I bought room darkening curtains and hemmed them to the right length for our bedroom. I wanted to brighten but not lighten so I used a nice turquoise curtain to go with the comforter I also bought at Wal-Mart. Just makes the place seem more homey to me.

ParkIt

One thing I did on my RV was to get the sewing machine, a bolt of light rubber backed fabric and sew up curtains for all the windows. I still had some left over but the color isn't right though the black out without the weight or moisture condensation fabric is just the ticket for all seasons. Once I find a color I like I'll be doing the same to ours and figure how to do a 'wrap around' behind the metal rods. It should be interesting and fun ;)

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Johndar, really like the verticals on your rear window. Was that a difficult install?
Don

If you have a little woodworking skill and tools, it's not very difficult to do. Using the original top valances, they need to be extended about 1 1/2" out to fit the verticals under them. They need about 4 1/2" of clearance to be able to rotate properly. For the rear window, I just made some fillers for the ends from the material from the lambroquins and attached it to the framing of the cabinets. The side windows (lastest mod) required building replicas of the top valances from heavier (1/2" plywood) stock so I could mount the headers to them. I used the fabric from the originals to cover the new "box," as well as the lighter curved section in the front of it.The valance is still secured to the cabinet framing, though. Plan is to continue replacing the blinds in the main slide and hall with verticals next season.

View attachment 21910