Getting ready to buy a Monitoring system

Porkchop

And I wanted to know, should I buy 8 sensors or 10? I have a 2012 GMC 3500 SWR and will be getting the Cyclone 3010.

I hear people put it on both the TV and the RV, should I also get two spare sensors?

Thanks!
Irene

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
A couple spares can't hurt. What TPMS are you getting? Wait, doesn't your truck have a factory system? I thought all the newer vehicles had them. Or is it an option?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I would imagine that only enough sensors to attach to the 10 wheels should suffice. No need to buy spares. Yes, put them on the truck, especially since you don't have a dually (a little problematic with a dually). But I was under the impression that SRW GMC's could be equipped with factory installed TPMS (but not duallies).

Porkchop

I'll have to check about the truck... We got it less than a month ago and I'm really unsure.

I'm looking at the TST system, I like the idea that you can replace the batteries on the sensors (for the 507 system)

EDIT: DH says we have a TMPS in our truck, so I probably only really need the 4 or 6 sensor system....